You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Release Date of Affinity Publisher

2 minutes ago, fdelaneau said:

the end of the month is coming really really fast !

No, the end of the month will be here really soon, but it’s approaching at the usual rate of 24 hours per day. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

No, the end of the month will be here really soon, but it’s approaching at the usual rate of 24 hours per day. ;)

Not exactly:24_stuck_out_tongue:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

@petrpastor They are scheduled to release a beta by the end of August, not the retail product.

Since they have clearly had test versions running for many months (see Twitter and video presentation) it seems reasonable that they can open it to beta testing any time they want.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

1 hour ago, petrpastor said:

I really do not see what they can possibly do in 2 days that were not able to do in three years.

But who knows what they can do in 3 days plus ~2 extra milliseconds? xD

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Well, there's a lot of other things to prepare as well, for example tutorials for some of the not-so-obvious features (the preview video from Affinity live showed a glimpse of Table of Contents and Tables) and also new versions of Designer and Photo to get the file formats up to date and the integration of the three applications ready (also teased at Affinity Live and previously on the forums).

I expect the Beta to be available at the same time as first betas of Designer and Photo 1.7 ... maybe they are simply waiting for the Windows team to finally get their Photo 1.6.5 finished ... *evil grin*

10 minutes ago, Claus said:

BEFORE the end of august is actually today since tomorrow is THE end of august. Just sayin.

LOL. Nice try, but all of tomorrow is before the end of August! Having said that, some of us might encounter installation problems, so releasing the first public beta version on the last day of the working week probably isn’t a good idea.

Alfred spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Claus said:

BEFORE the end of august is actually today since tomorrow is THE end of august. Just sayin.

August ends at midnight on the 31st, so any time before that is before the end of August. The only question I have about it is if midnight is based on BST or not. :35_thinking:

Affinity Photo 

Just now, R C-R said:

The only question I have about it is if midnight is based on BST or not.

You know what I’m going to say in response, don’t you? Of course it is! devil2.gif

Alfred spacer.png

12 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

You know what I’m going to say in response, don’t you? Of course it is! devil2.gif

But what if they fudge a bit & claim that for example they meant midnight in New York? That would give them until 5:00 AM on Saturday British time to get the beta online...

Affinity Photo 

1 minute ago, R C-R said:

But what if they fudge a bit & claim that for example they meant midnight in New York? That would give them until 5:00 AM on Saturday British time to get the beta online...

Agreed, and they could give themselves even longer by claiming that they meant midnight in Cupertino. But that wouldn’t invalidate my point that their midnight “is based on BST or not”. ;)

Alfred spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

UTC + 5.30  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you were in Kathmandu instead of Kolkata it would be UTC + 5.45. ;)

Alfred spacer.png

22 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Agreed, and they could give themselves even longer by claiming that they meant midnight in Cupertino. But that wouldn’t invalidate my point that their midnight “is based on BST or not”. ;)

Hmmm. Wouldn't that depend on if "their midnight" is based on their business location in Nottingham or their server's location that the beta can be downloaded from? Assuming they are using Amazon's content delivery network, that could mean have meant many different midnight deadlines for users in different parts of the world.

Affinity Photo 

yeh, download and installation without problems.:)

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)