You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

enlarge Pantone swatches viewer

Hi,

In the Pantone swatches panel, I've already set the list to "large(!)" but it's much easier and more efficient to evaluate and select colors with a significantly larger swatch display.   How do i enlarge the Pantone swatch display to, say, screen size? I do this every day in Quark. FWIW, my vision is fine.

thanks,

David

FWIW, Pantone colors are really designed to be evaluated using physical color guide, sheet, & chip references like the products sold at https://www.pantone.com. That's because doing that with even a perfectly calibrated wide gamut monitor still won't be accurate enough for mission critical work because a monitor displays colors using light transmitted from the screen by closely spaced groups (usually triads) of relatively narrow spectrum color emitters (like LED's) while surfaces reflect only the color spectrum of light illuminating them that they do not absorb.

It is similar to why an exact match between RGB & CMYK colors is not possible.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Leigh, Thanks for responding. I must have missed the prior post when I looked. Sorry.

RC-R, Thanks for responding. I understand your explanation. I'm a lifelong commercial graphic designer—which you had no way of knowing. I understand the difference between additive and subtractive color, gamuts and I have a dozen, well worn Pantone+ swatch guides (which I keep in a lightproof drawer). That said, I find it convenient to review a "range view" of PMS match colors  or CMYK build swatches—onscreen—as I evolve an initial palette for a project. Then, palette feel decided, I'll nail the "exact" colors from the book. Thanks, again.

d