You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need help - or rather, answer to some questions -

Hello all of you. Have been a Corelist for many years, and don't like to support Adobe's payment policy (if I pay for something, I want it)

As an artist gone totally digital after near to thirty years with large canvas and acrylic paint - I've gone totally digital (my colleagues using camera just said - welcome after ...). My main tool is Corel Painter (yeah, just upgraded to 2019) - but do some after the painting / drawing is ready I have worked it in Corel PaintShop Pro. But today I was informed from the support that PaintShop didn't support 'Adobe RGB 1998',  only sRGB. Normally I only edit for the web on PaintShop, but it's a hassle not to be able to move my Painter files in Adobe RGB over to PaintShop and having to use sRGB.

So then my question before I fall in love with Affinity Photo and buy it:
A - can I work with the Colour Profile Adobe RGB 1998 in Affinity Photo, and
B - can Affinity Photo work with Painter riff files?

Thank you in advance for your help, and I just love that you got a forum here (-:

Cheers

Arnvid

6 hours ago, Artvid said:

what should I do now?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
8 hours ago, Artvid said:

It work, so what should I do now? (-:

To get up to speed with Affinity Photo why not go through our video tutorials: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10119-official-affinity-photo-desktop-video-tutorials-200/

If you're looking for inspiration, check out https://affinityspotlight.com/

Have fun :)

On 6/30/2018 at 11:18 AM, Leigh said:

To get up to speed with Affinity Photo why not go through our video tutorials: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10119-official-affinity-photo-desktop-video-tutorials-200/

If you're looking for inspiration, check out https://affinityspotlight.com/

Have fun :)

Thanks Leigh

I will go through both, but I already found something that make my life more easy. I'm not a photographer, but one of these bloody artists - we are so lazy, so I just moved to digital some ten years ago (and now I just do digital paintings). But then, when I sell a limited edition artwork, I give the one who buy digital files the originals - and that is the digital file (both tiff and jpg), each individually signed and numbered (directly digitally with my wacom pen of course) - and my painting/drawing program is Corel Painter.

As the artwork is made digital, the original artwork is of course the digital file and the buyer get the rights to use it as s/he likes: - for a print, on wallpaper, on tiles, on a t-shirt or whatever - all under a creative commons license. In addition to the files, the creative commons licenses, buyers get a certificate.

With Affinity Photo it's now easy to control colour depth (bit), check again that the colour profile is Adobe RGB 1989, and so forth - and in addition I fill out the certificate in writer, convert to pdf, put it up in Affinity, sign the certificate, and export it again as pdf. Did a test for this some hours ago, and I attach the example-certificate here. So this start of great (-:

digiseed_certificate_example2.pdf

2 hours ago, Artvid said:

Ok, and I have to find out how I can insert the video as you did Alfred - but there is a time for nearly everything (-:

I don’t know what to tell you, Arnvid. I simply pasted the URL.

The result you get (or don’t get!) may depend on your browser, or your browser settings.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)