Sign in to follow this  
retrograde

Default colour palette

In my never ending quest to simplify or streamline workflow in Designer, here is my latest request.

Please allow users the ability to set a default colour palette. One that always shows up upon opening the app. Might be as simple as enabling users to just drag their chosen palette to the top of the stack of palettes in the list. :-) ...if there is a way to do this now please let me know. Thanks.

Small thing. Big frustration.

Have you considered creating a new Application Palette? That will make it available in all documents within Designer, via the Swatches panel, though there doesn't seem to be an easy way to reorder the palettes within the list.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

11 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Have you considered creating a new Application Palette? That will make it available in all documents within Designer, via the Swatches panel, though there doesn't seem to be an easy way to reorder the palettes within the list.

Thanks, yes I usually do that when I create a colour palette, but it just sits at the bottom of the stack when created. I could delete all of my palettes and add them back in one at a time in the order I'd like them in but that's hardly user friendly... 

I'm sure the team will address this at some point. :-)