You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iCloud Downloads?

Hi everyone, after a year and a half away, I’m back, and purchased Affinity Photo for iPad.;)

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this slightly-off topic question? I have  successfully uploaded lots of psd files etc. to iCloud, and there is a small image of a cloud and a down arrow on the top right of each file. I accidentally touched the top right of one of my files, and the circular loading icon appeared, and then after a few moments, the cloud with a down arrow turned into a curled corner icon. I presumed that meant  the file had been accidentally downloaded onto my iPad, but when I looked in the files app under the “on my iPad” section, the downloaded file is nowhere to be found.

I want to delete the file from my iPad, but have no idea where it was downloaded to, or if it was even downloaded at all.

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you all in advance.

High-End Photographic Prints

• Staff

It appears that the file is cached locally by the Files App. Looking on the Apple support forums, it doesn't seem to be possible to manually remove the local cached file unless you disable iCloud and then re-enable or it's automatically removed by iOS to make space when running low.

• Staff

Hi DesignMeister,
If you look for the file in the iCloud Drive section in Files app (not On My iPad section) it should be there. However as Leigh pointed out, if you delete the file (performing a long-press gesture) from there (on your iPad) it will also be removed from iCloud and from your synchronised Mac/devices you might have. 

It's not possible to manually delete the file just from your iPad as Leigh explained.

I think you need to press and hold the application, it shakes and it squirms, and even the dazzling X shows up. However, when you attempt and tap the X nothing happens. The screen solidifies. Furthermore, you even need to restart the iDevice to utilize it once more.