You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slice export presets are very confusing!

Trying to use the Export persona in Affinity Photo and I find the various presets monumentally confusing; there seem to be two types of preset the names of which are too similar.

If I've got my head around it, there are both "Export Options presets" and also "Export Setup presets".

An "Export Setup Preset" is applied per slice, and it can call on (multiple?) "Export Options presets" for the exports from that slice.

I think the names need to be more distinct and clearer about what they actually do.

To add further to the confusion, the "expert setup preset" is chosen from a dropdown that's simply labelled "export preset", so it's really confusing, what you're actually choosing in there.

I don't know if it's just me but it completely does my head in!

Hi,

Here my way of using presets, illustrated since it's simple but not easy to explain :) (I hope it'll be usefull).

First I created or selected usefull individual presets (top part of the panel).
If I need to export more than one file type, I can use some "Export preset" I saved previously.

And you can export individually a slice when needed. It's so easy I only use this export personna for saving file, even when it's not really needed.

2018-06-29_230418.thumb.jpg.a6eeb51486ee29e0825081a08366d1aa.jpg2018-06-29_231140.thumb.jpg.aed77706214c4855a932de597605cd40.jpg

• 10 months later...
20 hours ago, Peternel said:

in new version, export options is not showing at all.. :(

Export persona exists in APhoto and ADesigner, not in APublisher.

If you've closed it by error, you can use the View menu > Studio > Export Options to show it back.

2019-05-18_143034.png.05d6a5e68ae2ee9adc7975d97238270c.png