You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pdf files change on export and import

Hey Guys, I love your programs and are willing to say goodbye to Adobe. I always save my work to pdf with Illustrator to keep my files readable on as many platforms as I can.  Affinity Designer saves pdf but when I open them again the files are not the same. Text frames are changed and typography is also changed. Is there a chance this will be fixed? Otherwise Designer will be unusable;-(  Opening the changed pdf file and saving it again changes the file even more...

Kind regards,

Ton

• Staff

Hi Engawado, 

Thank you.

I could not replicate the issue with a standard font. ( Courier ) . 

The font you're using - Gill Sans is a registered font which is not free-for-use , so we cannot test it with that specific font. 

There is no difference using a standard font, so I believe the issue would be Gill Sans. 

Check attached. 

invoice-template-support.pdf

invoice-template-support.afdesign

Hey Gabe, the problem occurs in the framed text where I used the courier font. I export the template to pdf file. The pdf file is ok! Then I import the pdf file I just created in Affinity and this file is broken. Please give it a try.

Ton