You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Still working on creating seamless patterns...

I am trying to create a seamless pattern in Affinity Designer. However, when I got to place my tiles (squares with pattern inside) next to one another I end up with very thin white lines between the tiles even though they are placed exactly next to one another. Is there a way to get rid of these lines? Some articles I have read mention anti aliasing being a problem, but I cannot find a place to switch this off in Affinity Designer. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi! I will attach them here. I hope you can seem them, they are most visible down the middle of the tiki hut graphic.

In the screenshot with two artboards, the image on the left is my tile and the image on the right is the tile repeated to make the pattern in which I am getting these residual lines. 

Thanks so much for your help.

1714254268_ScreenShot2018-06-25at6_20_31AM.thumb.png.c7a771295c673a5d116321ac64b976a7.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 6.19.54 AM.png

If in Acrobat's preferences I have Enhance This Lines on, there is no issue. If that switch is off, then at some zoom levels I do see the stitching lines in your PDF, Gabriel.

This is not generally an issue in print.

So I have been playing around with opening the exported jpg files in many different programs but I am still seeing seams! They are more faint, but still there. They appear and disappear when I zoom in and out, but I cannot have that be an issue. I'm VERY frustrated. Can you please help me resolve this? Being able to create seamless patterns is now a requirement for the work that I do.

According to my research around the topic, this can be an issue when creating seamless patterns in Affinity and Illustrator, the solution people suggest is to turn off anti-aliasing, but I cannot find a way to do this in Affinity Designer....

I am very frustrated and trying to get some help resolving an issue with creating seamless patterns. No matter what I do in exporting, adjusting snapping, etc. I am getting white "seams" on my screen. Sometimes they disappear when zooming in or out or may get more faint, but they are there in my exports regardless. I do not understand what is causing this issue. 

To prove that this is indeed a program issue I performed the same operations in a trial version of Adobe Illustrator and experienced no issues - there were no visible seams in the working document as well as none in the export. I would very much like to stay with Affinity as I have otherwise had a nice experience, but this might be a deal breaker for my new work requirements, can someone please help?

DigitalPaper_TikiBirds.afdesign

When I open the file on my Mac, I see no faint lines at any level of zoom. I do see that the art boards are not positioned at integer pixel values, but I cannot see any change when I reset the position to integers. 

There is a known screen rendering problem when shapes w. the same color are side by side, but those don't render in exported files for print. But again, I'm not seeing that at all from the start.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet