You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a situation on Affinity Photo / Designer v 1.6.4 where I need to do two fairly basic things that I can't see how to do:

1) I need to use, write and print text layers with a Right - to - Left layout; arabic text. I copy the text I want to use from other documents and paste it into Affinity and regardless of font or other setting the text is desrever . usable not obviously is This . I can not change this. This affects all characters on the text . 

The copied data works fine and displays correctly on other applications such as text editing software but the text displays the wrong way around on both Affinity Products.

How can this be fixed?

2) I wish to look up the File Details , such as edit times, file storage location and filesize of opened documents in both Affinity Photo / Designer but I can't find a way of doing this. I needed to find the storage filepath of the document I was working on (see above) but couldn't find this information on the program.

How can this be fixed?

Please Note: I have explored search engines and similar Affinity topics on both these issues but have not found any success. I have also looked through all the menu options within the programs also to no success. 

Hello,
Thanks for the swift feedback. The post is from 2014 and the statement " I'm afraid it is not a priority and should not be expected for many years. " is from 2018 so I figure this is still a looooong way off :-/

Is there any way of viewing file details -- specifically file size and filepath location of open files in the Affinity products?

Cheers

On 6/27/2018 at 2:26 PM, MHUnity said:

Is there any way of viewing file details -- specifically file size and filepath location of open files in the Affinity products?

On Macs, the File menu > Reveal in Finder item opens a Finder window with the file selected, & I think on the Windows version it does much the same thing with the Reveal in Explorer item (or however it is phrased in that OS). By doing that, you can access everything your OS supports regarding file paths, file size, & so on.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 minutes ago, R C-R said:

On Macs, the File menu > Reveal in Finder item opens a Finder window with the file selected, & I think on the Windows version it does much the same thing with the Reveal in Explorer item (or however it is phrased in that OS). By doing that, you can access everything your OS supports regarding file paths, file size, & so on.

Thanks R C-R, however I've not seen anything in the file menus on Windows that does a similar thing to this. Cheers for the info however.

There’s an ‘Open folder in Explorer’ item on the File menu in the Windows apps, but when I tried it in AD just now it simply opened an Explorer window showing the contents of my Desktop (which is not where the file had been saved).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

8 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

There’s an ‘Open folder in Explorer’ item on the File menu in the Windows apps, but when I tried it in AD just now it simply opened an Explorer window showing the contents of my Desktop (which is not where the file had been saved).

I don't follow the bugs on Windows forum but could this be a bug that has already been reported, or one that should be?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

19 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I don't follow the bugs on Windows forum but could this be a bug that has already been reported, or one that should be?

Yes. devil2.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)