Uncle Mez

Smarty Studio : Our Project (made with Affinity)

20 hours ago, Wosven said:

perhaps you're not responsible for their logo

Hello @Wosven

i am but they are still making their mind and i will start working on it when they all come together otherwise, time will be spent moving from this ot that one without any proper results.
For this occasion i just made a text based design with common and known stuffs for them to have something they can look at.
Your remark is welcome and just pointed the right thing, thank you for your kind words.

Blessings.

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Hello Everyone !

it's been a long time since i came here and published some work !
So, i took it and decided to share my last project made 2 days before Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo goes Final Release.
The whole thing was done teaming AfDesigner + AfPhoto + AfPublisher for an even happening in Paris France (i hope @Wosven) is arround and will appreciate and drop his comments.

Since the software have gone Final, I've not made creative work yet but taking time to rest and remember the good days of the Beta Cycle, today i read Publisher is going to be release tomorrow so i decided: Let me Share this one here, because Publisher was the center in this Project.

Hope you will like it and share your comments here to help me improve.
NOW ! i wait for the next Beta Cycle from Serif because they're fun, exiting and open the mind and just ... bring us all together !

Blessings !

Comp_Exports2207.jpg

Comp_Exports2207 copy.jpg

Mobile_Bokeh (4).jpg

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Nice work.
On the second one I would be tempted to see how it looks with the tower smaller and more ‘part of’ the text to emphasise that it’s the “I”, but I don’t know if that would improve things.
One the first and second one I think the square brackets around LJI need to be better aligned to the text (uneven spacing currently).
Apart from those small issues, good stuff.

Hi @Uncle Mez !

Nice to see you again with a fine project.

Did you draw the tower? Is it a vector or a pixel object? It's really good, but the top should be lighter (perhaps like like the shadow parts at the bottom), since it disappear on the background and she looks truncated without her head!

And if it was possible, I would have made it higher (not larger) in the second and third project (especially the third, the red part above "musique" is too empty.
I love the colours too, they blend nicely with a nive texture.
and the "fils de fer" white drawing, the Tour was used as an antenna (perhaps now too), it looks like radio waves or, in a strange way, make me think of birds flying around.

The third project is best for reading the date (21 juin), the other ones should have "juin" and "fête" in bold too, since "21 juin" + "musique" = "fête de la musique" here, without any doubt.
And for the last, as being my picky self:  "Paris gare de Lyon  12e" or "Paris gare de Lyon XIIe" (no cap for "gare", "12e" or "XIIe" with "e" in exposant = 12e arrondissement, no need to add "Paris 75012", since Paris is already mentionned and 75012 postal code means département 75 (= Paris), 12e arrondissement ).
And I would wrote "place Henri-Frenay" because I'm fond of "we're French and don't put caps everywhere, damnit!" and "put tirets when people's names become place's name" :D

But out of work I'm a normal girl :P
Really nice project, and the Eiffel tower drawing is inspiring, perhaps I'll try to redraw it in AD.

Last point: no translation for "featuring guest" and "special guest"?

ACE stuff as always Uncle Mez

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009)
2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 - 2 GB
Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor
Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan

Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher 1.7.1 + Betas when available

Binger.jpg.1f81574106cc2dea8ae65d0a572b9ef9.jpg
www.bingercreative.co.uk

Well, Well, Well !

Thank you so much everyone for your inputs ! and YES you are all right about the changes and ideas.
But ... the client wanted it that way so i had to make necessary transformations to fits his demand.
Thank you so much @Wosven you really know how French designs should be and your words are of great help !
Thank you @GarryP your input opened my eyes too.
@Dazmondo77 Expect more inputs from you but i believe next one i publish you will tell openly what you think you could do to make it even better.

Thanks to @Mark Ingram @MEB @Andy Somerfield and the whole Serif Affinity Team for this great Product !
Just now waiting for the next Beta cycle to start !

Blessings !

On 6/19/2019 at 10:26 AM, Wosven said:

In fact, you work only for Bêta testing? :D

Exact !