Uncle Mez

Smarty Studio : Our Project (made with Affinity)

3 hours ago, VectorWhiz said:

You're a great designer. Composition and especially palettes are great. Enjoyed watching your work.

Hello @VectorWhiz i'm so glad of your words and you too are a great Designer.
i've browsed your website and found that great job you do with pixels and vectors and i really like it.
Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Hello Everyone !
Happy New Year and May you be more inspired in all ways.
I'm back with another quick Design i made for Naïloth 'the Journalist'; find it here and like i always do, write me your inputs and comments.
The Design was made teaming the Affinity "Trium Vira" (Designer + Photo + Publisher) and intended for print.
Only 1 question i ask: What would you change or add to make this design better if you where the selected Designer for this project ?

Blessings !

smartmockups_jqbpgkmw.jpg

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Hi,

That's nice; Perhaps I would reduce the title and make it "going out" a little more with a shadow, and have the main subject (les sacs) a little bit bigger on a lighter background?

Here a roughtly made version:
(the idea for the orangeone on a violet background was to give yellower hightlights... not not make it redder :s, so it would stand out more)

smartmockups_jqbpgkmw2.thumb.jpg.e56738fdfee065c9d0cefb60425e061d.jpg

4 hours ago, Wosven said:

(the idea for the orangeone on a violet background was to give yellower hightlights... not not make it redder :s, so it would stand out more)

Hello @Wosven you are so accurate.
i had a similar feeling but actually skipped it somewhere in my brain.
btw ... Naïloth is really happy and peoples around her find it okay so i'm kind of happy fir now only.

18 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

The Design was made teaming the Affinity "Trium Vira" (Designer + Photo + Publisher) and intended for print.

I forgot to mention that the photo shooting was done with a smartphone: HTC Desire S
... the 'sac a main' casting was done on a normal table without any kind of reflector, lighting etc ... all level adjustment was done with Affinity Photo, the writings and all vector related stuffs done with Affinity Designer then everything converged unto Affinity Publisher.
This project helped me to setup another kind of workflow that i find quite interresting for now !
Keep making Affinity better.

@Uncle Mez

Yes, in fact, it's more about: what is it about? A new brand? (I really like "Le sac à main" 's design!) In this case, it should stay in front and more important (but I feel it's too much in your version... and need more tweeking and adjustements in mine!).
Or is it about the products? In this case the purses should be the main part.

For now, vertically it's 2/5 + 2/5 + 1/5 (no winner :P)
and in the 1/5: the price is bigger than the logo, it seems strange (but can be a marketing choice).

Like you, I feel it needs some little modifications...
But as usual, you've got good elements and ideas :)

Hello Everyone !

Was quite busy but wanted to share this with you.
I've been trusted to work on another project for Naîloth 'the journalist', this one is not yet finished as you can see, the provided photo is of very bad quality and doesn't match and is too much blurry and simply i'm still learning about photo.
Like the previous one, it is intended to make Naîloth visible on the scene and also it gives me a chance to apply few of the stuffs and technics i've recently learned.

Like for the previous, don't hesitate to give me your inputs and advice, telling how you think i can manage to make things better.
Blessings !

smartmockups_jqfnlid0.jpg

smartmockups_jqfnqsmh.jpg

smartmockups_jqfnn58u.jpg

6 hours ago, Wosven said:

Hi @Wosven coming back to your inputs, this is the really small changes i've made.
unfortunately the requester loved it so much she took it already so i'm reviewing this on personal purposes and just hope she will ask me to send her the same stuffs so that will be the opportunity to send the improved one.
Thank you so much for your precious inputs !

smartmockups_jqfnk6ay.jpg

Hello everyone !

i'm back today with a quick one i wanted to share with you here !
Well it is something that only is concentrated on my pixel Technics learning process, i had an image before me and though i could use it to apply some of the nice Technics I've learned around the internet.

i essentially used:
* HSL adjustment layer
* Lasso Tool
* inPainting tool
* Level adjustment layer
* Clarity Live filter
* High Pass Live filter

The core layout was created unto Affinity Publisher Beta
All Pixel works was done with Affinity Photo then placed into the project layout
Everything Vector (fonts essentially) was done with Affinity Designer
+ the overlay heart stuffs was done using a vector brush which allowed me to paint it fast and easy.

Tell me what you think about and what you think you could do to make it better !
I've also attached the original photo of the object used so you can compare and even get inspired.

My Thanks to the Affinity Team.
@MattP @Sean P as you can see this one was achieved with Beta version of the Affinity line of products, no stable version was used at all.

Blessings !

13012019_Shoe_1.jpeg

13012019_Shoe_2.jpeg

photo_2019-01-12_17-54-29.jpg

Hi,

I think you should have less light/contrast on the top of the shoe, since it looks like you used a flash and it's grainy when the original pic is softer.

Perhaps if your background is less colorfull/using one of the shoe's color, but desaturated, you can have it that stands out more without so much contrast or color. I love how soft it look in you original pic, it looks comfortable :P

Perhaps it only need to be lighten at the top, and having less light where the flash hit it.

2 hours ago, Wosven said:

Perhaps if your background is less colorfull/using one of the shoe's color, but desaturated, you can have it that stands out more without so much contrast or color. I love how soft it look in you original pic, it looks comfortable :P

Hello @Wosven really this is the kind of advice i'm looking for !
I'm okay with this and you are right, btw i will try it and see if i can update here.

2 hours ago, Wosven said:

I think you should have less light/contrast on the top of the shoe, since it looks like you used a flash and it's grainy when the original pic is softer.

Well you are right here too and i will see how to fix this, the original picture that you see was taken from a phone by a young girl in her room then shared through Telegram messenger in compression mode ... it was 78.2kB only so just imagine how much details was lost.
But, your comments make me think i need to organize another retouch and bring some softness in there.

Blessings !

The biggest challenge I had with this project was with complementary colors. We really need a tool that makes it easier to find or generate those and not strugglewith external tools from Adobe etc.

Please team,build a dedicated tool that will manage colors in an assistant style so we can figure out but very easily what colors we can  work with on a project and not do the Arc-en-Ciel thing !

2 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

Please team,build a dedicated tool that will manage colors in an assistant style

Are these not enough for you?

1615697950_Screenshot2019-01-16at02_23_58.thumb.png.c59131fd816d64ab95fe15892fb57f2a.png

18 hours ago, Seneca said:

Are these not enough for you?

1615697950_Screenshot2019-01-16at02_23_58.thumb.png.c59131fd816d64ab95fe15892fb57f2a.png

it is okay but it is hidden thus making it not the first thing to think about !
What i ask is a more present thing something we have right before us and we can eassily remember about !
Thanks a lot for pointing to that as many will now know there is such a menu/tool and use less Adobe color stuff.

Hello dear Heroes !

i'm back here with this quick share.
Just a fast design for church activities but the most important thing to note here is the teaming used to build it.
Affinity Designer for Vectors
Affinity Photo for everything Pixels
Affinity Designer for the layout and the export (here i used the last published version of APub)
Photo from Pixabay.com

No major issues found and no crash !
As usual, please leave me your inputs telling what you would see changed or much better designed if it was You !

Blessings !

Beshalah.png

Really nice, I would just avoid capitalized small caps sentences, since in French we try to avoid too much caps (and artificial small caps with bigger verticals than the smaller text's ones is a typographical pain for the eyes) :S 

But you can write "Tais toi et…" bigger/bolder for compensation!

Good colours too.

13 hours ago, Wosven said:

Really nice, I would just avoid capitalized small caps sentences, since in French we try to avoid too much caps (and artificial small caps with bigger verticals than the smaller text's ones is a typographical pain for the eyes) :S 

But you can write "Tais toi et…" bigger/bolder for compensation!

Good colours too.

Hi @Wosven I like that. You just pointed In the center

Thank you so much!

Le 27/06/2018 à 23h09, Oncle Mez a déclaré:

Bonjour @Wosven  Ravi de vous lire.

Oui, vous avez raison, je prends note de tout ce que vous avez mentionné.

1- Corrigera l'espace entre AV et VA (je n'ai pas vu ça ... vous rockez l'homme :-)

2- Ici, j'ai essayé de faire une sorte de design progressif, j'ai utilisé le concept de feu de signalisation (vert - orange - rouge) pour dire que nous ciblons le point rouge mais nous considérons  Sarkari Result TurboTax Gogoanime  toujours l'étape préparatoire orange. mais là aussi je vais essayer de rendre le truc BG que vous avez dit un peu plus présent.

3- Je ne m'en souviens pas mais je crois que c'était une question de beauté ou quelque chose comme ça; donnez-moi le temps d'ouvrir à nouveau le projet et essayez de le rendre identique pour voir si je suis allé trop vite ou si j'ai tout simplement oublié de le rendre similaire;-)

4- Ouais ... le design lui-même a été fait avec Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo mais ce que vous voyez là (Gradient BG + Shadow + Reflection a été entièrement réalisé avec un autre logiciel que j'utilise pour "maquiller" (puis-je dire que dans ce cas ???) que le logiciel fonctionne le reflet et l'ombre en 1 clic (pour chacun), ce qui me permet de gagner beaucoup de temps ... mais vraiment, j'ai oublié de le faire refléter et d'obtenir une ombre appropriée comme les précédentes.

Merci beaucoup pour ces précieux points.

Bénédiction !

Bonjour à tous,

À partir d’aujourd’hui, je pense que je dois commencer à partager quelques-uns de nos travaux de conception (en fait, je travaille seul mais je construis de temps en temps une équipe en fonction de la taille du projet ) :)

La plupart de nos clients / demandeurs sont basés sur l'Église et nous aimons vraiment leur proposer des solutions, mais ce que vous allez voir ici est davantage à propos du fait que Smarty Studio se trouve à côté de plusieurs studios / équipes dans ce qui doit devenir un style de conception congolais. 

Well each country have it's own style of design but Congo doesn't have a proper thus most of Congolese designers simply clone/copy styles from everywhere.

This is a beginning, please your inputs on each design palet/kit will be of great help and will help us improving better.