You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smarty Studio : Our Project (made with Affinity)

Uncle Mez

Hello @Wosven 

Could not expect less than what you put together in your comment.
Really helpful !
As i told you, the project is still open and the requester said nothing yet but surely will do so very soon.

the idea behind this type of business cards is simply to unveil the person or personality behind, to reveal that nice person to others.
it has more meaning than this simple one i gave you but at least you the idea.

i will try to put your advises in practice and propose some new revamps and which one the guy takes.
Thank you for your input.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Peoples !

I'm back with this quick project i've done for a seasonal accessories reseller in my town.
Please check it as the previous one and tell me what you find not okay and how you would make it better.

This project was done with : 
Affinity Photo Public Beta 1.7.0.110 (For everything Pixels)
Affinity Designer beta 1.7.0.4 (for everything Vector)
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.238 (For everything layout and export)
+ Luminar 3 was used for its good capability to export in JPEG for social networks (Whatsapp + Facebook)
    Color + Luminance Boost was done using Luminar 3 Ai enhancer preset at 85% with Clarity Boosted at 3%,

i've added this details for more informations, i know few of the team members often look at this topic so this can help them understand my actual process and help bring corrections if needed,

Blessings !

Lio's_Flyer_Proposals.jpeg

Edited by Uncle Mez
uploaded a more clean and clear file

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Nice work, but I have a few comments...

I like the colours you've used, they go well together.
I think the shadows on the 'labels' might be a bit sharp.
I don't really like the typeface used in the features list but couldn't give a better alternative without a lot of experimentation.
The metallic effect works well for this purpose.
I don't think the man is in the right position; at first glance he seems to be kissing the headphones.
The headphones really pop out of the image so that's good.
Is the man too close to the viewer? He seems to be fighting with the headphones for who is most important in the image. Maybe zoom him out so he's more of a background figure.

Hello @GarryP
So glad to read from you on this one.
Well, this ike the other ones is more experimental of new tendancy that i'm not really aquinted with but you are right.

8 hours ago, GarryP said:

I don't think the man is in the right position; at first glance he seems to be kissing the headphones.

i wished we could have a function better than the most renowned content aware (crop, inPaint etc...) my idea was to replicate subject environment left and right and get all this more balanced but could not do that. So maybe here you or anyone here can advice me how to extend a picture left or right using content aware method of work with affinity photo; it would be really helpful,

Everything you said is of great Help and really i appreciate,
Blessings !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Hello People !

Kind of busy actually but back with this quick one.
i was trusted to help a local church to get their Facebook palette of stuffs (banners, etc ) aligned to their central campus.
So what you see here is more like a redo of their global design for which they had no source files sent to them, so i had to draw with designer, work with photo and consolidate with Publisher ( i always use this one for export and couples of stuffs).

Tell me your impressions and what you think can be improved, maybe i will get chance to discuss their global concept and bring some changes in there.
... i used Luminar 3 again here for it lovely Ai function to color + clarity + luminance boost for i wanted to obtain such a crispy clear files but sized less than 400KB for FB to not mess things up with their compression algorithm.

Blessings !

Faceboo_Ban2.png

Faceboo_Pro2.png

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

11 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Hi @Uncle Mez,

Nice one, but I'm not sure about the need for the stroked "croissance & expansion"… perhaps it can be a little bit less visible? With it it's not plain wheats, but it adds too much interference… we can't stay on the central design because of it.

Hi @Wosven I tried to make it more visible but it became really...

I'm surprised this one went straight no special comment from you. I'm maybe missing something here. 

But thank you for being present. 

Blessings 

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

29 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

I'm surprised this one went straight no special comment from you.

But there's a comment :P

Ok, I'll explain instead of summarize it.

At first, the logo is not at the center but follow the curves of the amp and the leaves: it's strange, but ok since we look at it more.
At second, I thought we had a triangle, sending the eyes below the banner, but it's ok too since that's where is the text to be read… (follow amp, ^, logo's leaves, crown, wheat leaf near the "i").

The only annoying point is the background "croissance & expansion". Perhaps the background's pic should be a little darker, and the eyes won't run from c&e strokes to background and back… (interferences! when too much (usually) white dots or specks drive the eyes away from the main subject or text to read, or when some forefront and background colors are too similar, it's like focusing on the background and on the foreground and on the background… endlessly => less readability). Or perhaps more transparency for c&e will be enough.

It'll be perfect when we'll notice c&e and stay focused on the central part (logo & text): we read the whole image, and step by step: background image, c&e, logo c&e with leaves, logo (at least, that's how I process the banner).

But the colors are fines, the logos "sympas" (nice)… I don't always want to tweak a design!  (but the  apps we use and the  way we use layers and all as pieces we can move around or modify easily give us wishes to see or test what it would be moving this +1mm here, 2% more yellow there, etc.)
Perhaps sometimes we want to be as annoying as clients can be…

Dear @Wosven now I know it is you, my notebook could go without  that deep insight you always show.

Dear @haakoo thank you so much for sharing that topic, I'll learn from it.

Blessings

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Hello People !

i'm happy to come back here today to share this quick one with you.
if you have been following the progress, you should know that I've drastically transformed my workflow to include new way to achieved things thus building new skills.
The journey is exiting, really exiting and this is all powered by the Affinity Suite in it's current beta cycle.

Great thanks to the Serif Team for the software suite.
hope you will recruit the right guys to help better the software.

Well, i've been trusted again by Perez Chapel Foucks, that local church in my town for Bachelor dinner to take place on the 23rd of this month.
No more text, find here the Social Network design made for their Facebook page and also for sharing over IM such as whatsapp, imo, wechat, telegram etc.
You will find both French and English version of the same project as the requester wanted both languages to appear.

Like always please leave your comments and share how you would make this even better if it was you doing this, my notebook is open !
Just build your words and critics on a creative and constructive way, think that you will help other reading this improve and not only me.

Blessings !

23_Feb_Ads_1.jpeg

23_Feb_Ads_2.jpeg

23_Feb_Ads_FR_1.jpeg

23_Feb_Ads_FR_2.jpeg

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Nice, too bad "l'Amour" run away from the heart, when the english one stay in. :S

Shouldn't there be a fine pace between 2000 and "cfa" ? (we would have one two in 2 000 €). And I would adjust space (less) between f & a.

About the text : it's strange to not have an article: "L’église de Foucks présente", and "présente", "spécial" & "février" don't need a cap. (Perhaps the english "Diner" need one!).

Another small space is needed between "18" and "h" (this one, I would write "18 heures").

Did you tried the french one with a bigger heart (the text wouldn't need to be too much smaller to fit in)?
And perhaps the french price could be smaller too? (the english one is fun with this font, the french one seems huge…

Nice design and  colours, as usual!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 9:36 PM, VectorWhiz said:

Your sense of graphical ethics keeps amazing me. The compositions, choice of palette and skill to make it work are excellent. Kudos!

Thank You so much for your kind words my friend.
Blessings !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Hello Everyone !

Back today with quick designs i've made for my YouTube channel.
I got time since yesterday to put things together and upload some Fast track videos i've made.
The first video you will find in the below link, hope you will drop some like and comments there too. 
i really enjoyed doing this again, from Video to Thumbnail Design and instagram post.

Even though the actual rescale function into Affinity Publisher is still missing the liquid rescale that would allow us to rescale artboard/pages into different sizes without breaking everything but i enjoyed doing this composition.

Like always, feel free to leave your comments and tell me how you would have done this.
Your words help me improve better and find my way and my style in the midst of all this Superb Technics and skilled people i see on YouTube.

Blessings to y'All and blessed week !

insta_New_1.jpeg

Thumbnail_New_1.jpeg

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Hello Dear Affinitizers.
Happy to be back with this quick one; yesterday i was trusted again by Perez Chapel Foucks to design a quick Banner + Square ad for their whatsapp and other socials.
The idea is simply to announce the monthly topic they are to talk about.
As they liked the previous job made for the Diner so they asked this other one to be as the previous but a bit customized.

Like always, your inputs are welcome and will help me improve even more like you have noticed i'm doing since i'm sharing my works here with you.
@Andy Somerfield i have struggled a bit with the tone mapping persona ... i believe there should be a global Filter/Tone intensity slider implemented that will help to decrease the global strength of the filter/tone i select on a project without having to play with each stuffs in there.
Just a global that will increase or decrease the intensity would be great.

Blessings !

Month of intimacy_1.jpeg

Month of intimacy_2.jpeg

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Nice ones!

Can you show the original image? And wouldn't it be easier with other layers to have the same result and be able to lessen the effect? Or lessening the effect with an adjustement layer after applying the tone mapping?

As always with apps like AP, there're differents way to have the same result, and that's a fun part of using them.

9 hours ago, Wosven said:

Nice ones!

Can you show the original image? And wouldn't it be easier with other layers to have the same result and be able to lessen the effect? Or lessening the effect with an adjustement layer after applying the tone mapping?

As always with apps like AP, there're differents way to have the same result, and that's a fun part of using them.

As always @Wosven you give the best advice and ask the best questions.
I will do a favor to you because you help me so much  but it won't be public at all (at least for now).

You have opened a door to many thus believe you are a great blessing.
Check your mailbox.

Blessings !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dear Friends, Hello Community !

Well, i was far for long time due to many reasons and the most important one to be, i needed to spend time with my wife and son and also take a rest ... on the other hand, i needed to learn more and do some private test of what i learned.
You may ask what i was learning that took me so much time, well i would simply reply: the Art of Photo Retouch, Photo Composition and simply said, the art of Photography.

Well my weak point that i still need to improve is Photography and all pixel related stuffs while my understand and level of vector works is much higher now.
Not saying that much, iwas contacted by a brithing company to make a simple Facebbok banner that fits their vision.
Specialized in travel with couple of side services, Tamawis trusted me for a small and quick work which resulted on the banner attached here.

Like for all previous works, please add your inputs and tell me what would you do to make even better and if there is a style that you would recommend me to learn that can help me get better.

... the job was done with Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.270 + Affinity Photo 1.7.0.112 Beta exclusively .... Here i made more use of Adjustment and Mask but also the Develop persona helped a lot even if i expect more to be added to Affinity Photo to make it really what it is to be.

Blessings !

Banner_7_12.jpeg

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Nice. Finding and adding all those monuments is a good idea.

The only point I'm  not fond of is that "AGENCE/ASSURE" is bigger than the company name and, (ok, that's 2 points): we only read "AGENCE ASSURE", not "Votre" or "qui". The 4 words should be more equal, since that's a sentence. And for me "agence" + "assure" = agent d'assurance (reading fast!), not a travel agency.

Last point: I'm not sure if it's " or * before and after Your Multiservices Partner, but optically the first one seems highter than the last, perhaps they're not usefull for a baseline?

13 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Nice. Finding and adding all those monuments is a good idea.

The only point I'm  not fond of is that "AGENCE/ASSURE" is bigger than the company name and, (ok, that's 2 points): we only read "AGENCE ASSURE", not "Votre" or "qui". The 4 words should be more equal, since that's a sentence. And for me "agence" + "assure" = agent d'assurance (reading fast!), not a travel agency.

Last point: I'm not sure if it's " or * before and after Your Multiservices Partner, but optically the first one seems highter than the last, perhaps they're not usefull for a baseline?

Thank You so much your intervention and words bring so much clarity.
I will propose them a corrected version with your changes and see how they react to that.

Blessings !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone !
Back today with this very quick one.

Did it for my Computer training business ... well you will notice i'm the principal Host for this workshop.
Like before, please do your inputs that help me to make it better every new design.
This is to go out in 7 hours from now, so you can still make it change for the good.

Not a lot to say, except the fact that very soon i will stop posting my designs here as i think a forum is not a place where this should happen.
Would be pleased if Serif puts in place something like Behance to help us showcase our work, subscribing to such service is not something i would refuse but until then just note i may stop at any time posting my works here.

We are not there yet so for now, enjoy the linked stuffs !
The entire work was done with the recent Beta Release of Affinity line of Products.

Blessings

ADS_1.jpeg

square.jpeg

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone !

Back today with only small stuff i've recently made.
again that client of mine Perez Chapel Foucks for a quick Job (Yes they like quick stuffs !!!)
A simple banner + Profile picture for their use.

Hope you'll like it ! do not forget: Tell me what you think of it
it was exclusively done with Affinity Designer Public Beta 1.7.0.10.
Yes it has been a long time since i started and finished a project on AfDesigner only, since AfPublisher my workflow have evolved a bit.

FB@2x.jpeg

Social 2@2x.jpeg

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

• 2 weeks later...

Hello People !

Back today with a really quick one, made for a friend of mine starting a SHEQ teaching business.
This is really quick work made with AfPublisher with all pixels worked out with AfPhoto and Vectors with AfDesigner all 3 from the latest beta build (except AfPublisher because v.312 was not released yet).

Tell me what you find and how you think you would improve this.
Blessings.

Sossa_svces_FL1_3.jpeg

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF