You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi can anyone tell me if this software works with a high resolution screen, I have just bought a Dell XPS 15 with the following -  15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) Infinity Edge Anti-Reflective Touch IPS100% AdobeRGB 400-Nits display. I normally work with CS5 but this system is no longer compatible with the high resolution on the new laptop. 

Any feedback would be most helpful.

Nick WT

• Staff

Hi Nick, Windows should automatically suggest a good interface scaling based on the screen size (you can get to the option by right clicking on the desktop and choosing Display Settings), but you can change it yourself if you're not happy with the default.

It may be set to 175% for example, whereas you may want to change it to 200% which would increase the icon/text size but leave you with less "real estate" for your images. The Affinity apps scale dynamically with the global Windows display scale, so you can change it and see the results straight away.

Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials