Moriturimax

Affinity Photo iPad bottom context bar keeps triggering

Trying to get back into learning this app, it has some features I really like, but yegods the context toolbar right at the bottom center keeps reacting to my hand.  I’l be drawing, and POW up comes the full screen menu.  Tried minimizing it, but it’s STILL RIGHT THERE where my hand keeps straying.

Would love some way to lock it down or really miniize it.

It’s VERY annoying.

Also, I’ve had several instances where I hit SOMETHING that makes my strokes invisible.  Tapping a bunch of stuff usually gets me back to the regular visible stroke, not sure if it’s an alpha thing or what because it doesn’t happen ALL the time, just enough to make me paranoid.

Hey Moriturimax,

If you're using an Apple Pencil, you can go to Preferences > Tools and enable 'Touch for gestures only' as this will prevent your palm from accidentally touching the context toolbar.

If your strokes are going invisible, you might be changing the colour to white or more likely, you're pressing 'Protect alpha' which will only allow you to paint over existing strokes.

I enabled it and it still does it, can hardly avoid it because you placed the toolbar RIGHT WHERE MY PALM SITS when I am trying to draw. 

Is there ANY WAY you can add a simple feature to lock the darn thing.  I can hardly bring myself to draw now that I keep expecting to trigger the color wheel or alpha protect button.  Surely a simple lock toggle for the toolbar is not beyond your programming skills?  

7 hours ago, Moriturimax said:

I enabled it and it still does it, can hardly avoid it because you placed the toolbar RIGHT WHERE MY PALM SITS when I am trying to draw. 

Is there ANY WAY you can add a simple feature to lock the darn thing.  I can hardly bring myself to draw now that I keep expecting to trigger the color wheel or alpha protect button.  Surely a simple lock toggle for the toolbar is not beyond your programming skills?  

I think that's a good idea. We usually recommend you post in feature requests but I will also pass that directly to development for you. Please post it in feature requests anyway because it's always helpful to get feedback from other users which can get the ball rolling. 

Hi, I am suffering from exactly this issue at the moment.  It would be lovely to not just minimize it but to be able to move it around depending on what I am doing. 

On a fun little learning curve with Affinity. Or a vector curve. One of the two. Just a writer learning to draw.