You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to know lens correcting has worked or not?

Unlike LR have to choose lens file and turn on the LENS CORRECTION function manually   ——this function worked automatically when raw has been load in AP.That’s good except that no way to know if it work or not?there are so many new lens come out everyday,and I don’t see that affinity photo has downloaded something automatically. Or this function in AP doesn’t have to base on one specific lens file?really curious about it.

• Staff

Hi Starpugs :)

Unfortunately there is currently no steadfast notification or info that shows if lens correction has been applied. For the Serif Labs RAW engine we use Lensfun, a list of supported lenses can be found here, we update lens correction incrementally when the program itself is updated, so keep an eye on this list if it's a specific lens you are after.
AP reads the lens info from the metadata of the RAW file and applies lens correction based on that.

If you are using a Mac, you may find that Apple Core RAW engine supports a lens that Serif Labs currently does not, in which case you can switch your RAW Engine through the Develop Assistant.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

6 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi Starpugs :)

Unfortunately there is currently no steadfast notification or info that shows if lens correction has been applied. For the Serif Labs RAW engine we use Lensfun, a list of supported lenses can be found here, we update lens correction incrementally when the program itself is updated, so keep an eye on this list if it's a specific lens you are after.
AP reads the lens info from the metadata of the RAW file and applies lens correction based on that.

If you are using a Mac, you may find that Apple Core RAW engine supports a lens that Serif Labs currently does not, in which case you can switch your RAW Engine through the Develop Assistant.

Dear Dan C

Thanks your reply and I just finish overreading for the list.

I must say that some fashionable lens couldn’t be found in the list ,like sigma’s Art series,the new SP series by Tamron, new FE mounnts

lens by SONY.

New lens and cameras are always released quarterly .And the welcome companies-just like sigma and sony,has released 4 lens and 3 cameras in 2017.

Apparently there is much more betther if the lens correction could be upgrade independently by adding files.

What do you think?

• Staff

No problem at all :)
I agree that lens and camera compatibility needs to be upgraded as often as possible, and we are working internally to make this happen.

Unfortunately I don't know all the technical ins and outs of lens+camera compatibility concerning adding support through independent files, it may be possible for us to implement this in the future but we have no plans to do this currently. I'll move this thread to our feature requests section for our devs to see and consider!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!