You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do you get a refund for this useless freeze up crashing junk?

You'd think it would be simple to just get a refund or express your dissatisfaction, or something not publicly? So you sell crap as far as I'm concerned if everyone has to read my issue too? 

I hate forums, detest them and want nothing to do with one or the the people who find them useful

Photoshop beats your product in the one category that really matters.... stability and reliability and Affinity is a -0 to Adobe at 100 and I was duped for 50 bucks by this "thing".... most unreliable unstable software I have used in 20 years ...bar none. 

If users want guaranteed frustration? ...Affinity because it's a pure crapshoot to have a an image not crash the program and get you through without 5 or 6 freezes per image .....horrible, horrible after 6 months just horrendous freeze crash freeze updated to new, uninstalled and downloaded latest version clean...same exact issue, just as bad. Same computer Runs Adobe and Silkypix, smooth as silk...not a hiccup ever ....not one... 

Who cares what the results are after all that frustration? All you can really think about is paying money for a nerve rattling experience like Affinity offered and why you bought the thing in the first place? 

Suburbian, you must have lots of money cause you are paying Adobe monthly fees.  

I have been using this product since the beginning and have never encountered what you are telling us in your post.  I walked away from adobe when they tried to collect fees on my standalone product and their nosey pestering with their phoning home software.  

I am sure that serif will give you a refund. Mac or Windows? would be a good thing to let them know and what operating system you are running.  Perhaps the type of computer.  

Guess it is back to adobe for you, see ya'.  

1 hour ago, Suburbian said:

I hate forums, detest them and want nothing to do with one or the the people who find them useful

You hate forums and you don't want anything to do with the people who frequent them? That's your right, but then why are you crying here?

14 hours ago, Suburbian said:

You'd think it would be simple to just get a refund

And you’d be correct, as long as your purchase was recent enough that you qualify for a refund! Report a Problem if you purchased from the Mac App Store, or follow the Returns and Refunds procedure if you purchased from the Affinity Store.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Suburbian said:

Considering the tone of your one post here, the feeling is probably shared by almost all of us that find these forums a fantastically useful source of help & information. So this is a problem with an easy solution for everyone: just don't post anything else here you don't want publicly available.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

If you are having problems it is either your hardware or some other background program doing something that programs should not do.

As for photoshop 20 years ago, you must be dreaming or smoking something hallucinogenic if you think it is better than Affinity Photo.

And Photoshop has never been close to only $50.

Before you start bagging a product make sure it is the product causing your problems, because it makes you look stupid when you make false accusations. 

He's just venting, I think if he'd come to this forum before he got so wound up things could have been different. I'm guessing he's a Windows user on a average spec system.

Adobe have a 30 year head start on Affinity so I think Adobe should have got it right by now, having said that looking at the adobe forums would suggest adobe is anything but stable lol! I've used Adobe products for more years than I care to remember and there have been many crashes, incompatibilities, even BSOD when I was a Windows user. Aah! the memories, playing Ghost Recon "if you can see me you're already dead" or SplinterCell 'sneaky sneaky' Sat there with Bandana on and camo'ed up and thinking Rambo thoughts hahaha!

Maybe when he's calmed down we could help him, if he wants that help.

I think he needs a hug so I'm sending him a hug :28_hugging: there you go vexed man lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

30 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

I think my Desktop with windows is also on a average spec (i3 2nd Gen, 4GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics)

I think my Windows laptop (i3 4th Gen, 4GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics) is below average spec! It’s slow for stitching panoramas, but I would expect that; it’s fine for most things.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
14 hours ago, Suburbian said:

You'd think it would be simple to just get a refund or express your dissatisfaction, or something not publicly? So you sell crap as far as I'm concerned if everyone has to read my issue too? 

@Suburbian

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

In the email that you received when you purchased Affinity Photo back in January the 14 day returns process was explained. As you are past that you are probably best to try to use the support processes to improve your experience. You are not alone in disliking support forums (which as you see above has customers who are willing to help showing forums can prove very efficient) you can alternatively create a support ticket by emailing AffinitySupport@serif.com 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon