Gary9450

[By Design] Is this a bug in Affinity or is it my computer?

I'm running Windows  64bit w/dual AMD 8950 video cards.

In Affinity Photo, below, the image on the left is what I'm working with: I created a rectangle and then inserted a bitmap. Then I use Perspective to narrow the bottom of the rectangle.

Afterwards, in the image on the right, I have chosen to change the bitmap with a different one and this is what happens.

Is this a problem with AP or does it mean my vid card is screwing up? I've repeated this several times with other bitmaps and got the same results.

2018-06-24_12h43_50.jpg

2018-06-24_12h44_36.jpg

Looks like it is set to strech, change it to wrap

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Hello Gary9450,

Do not set to "Repeat", select "Adjust" for pattern to repeat.

Ajustement.png

8 minutes ago, reglico said:

Do not set to "Repeat", select "Adjust" for pattern to repeat.

As @dutchshader has indicated, it’s called ‘Wrap’ in the English versions of the app. (‘Wrap’ and ‘Repeat’ seem the wrong way around to me, but that’s a separate issue!)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

2018-06-24_15h31_21.thumb.jpg.35aafcf2a0d0767af508182c1680dd81.jpg

I understand what all of you are saying, but I cannot find the drop-down options of Wrap or Repeat anywhere. I looked in Affinity Help and also online. My apologies if this is something I should know already, but "Extend" does not seem to be in the Toolbar . See my screen-capture (You'll notice I have gradient chosen).

24 minutes ago, Gary9450 said:

(You'll notice I have gradient chosen)

Although you have Gradient chosen, the fill type is ‘None’. The options mentioned above are only available for bitmap fills.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Alfred: Yes, it is on "None", but upon changing it to Bitmap, the Extend drop-down menu is set to Wrap by default. Then, after changing Perspective and trying to fill with a different pattern, as soon as I click on the pattern I want, the screen fills up with a stretched/distorted version as in the second image of my original post, And please note this: Extend in the Toolbar disappears after the first time I use it and so I cannot change the setting before I fill with the second pattern. I assume it must be still on the default of Wrap since I could not change it. I hope I'm explaining  things correctly, and thank you for trying to help.

reglico, my thanks for your video. However, what you are doing doesn't quite fit in with the "problem" I ran into. I've enclosed a video to show you what happens when I do what I was talking about in my first post. Note that I am using the English version of Affinity Photo and the word Wrap is there in place of "Ajustement" on your version. Also notice that the option Extend is missing when I attempt to refill the rectangle with a different pattern. Here are the exact steps I'm taking which lead up to the problem...

1. I fill the rectangle with a bitmap pattern (Extend option is set to Wrap)

2. I I use Distort: Perspective to narrow the bottom of the rectangle

3. I refill the rectangle with a different pattern (Extend option in Toolbar is missing)

4. Bang!  The entire document if filled with a "stretched" version of the pattern.

The same thing will happen when I eliminate Step 1 and use Perspective followed by filling with a Bitmap pattern.

Perhaps you can duplicate this problem on your system? I've included a video of the whole process.

Thank You, Wosven and Chris_K!!  That's what I was looking for. Now I, at least, know that it's not my video card, it's just my intelligence (did I say "intelligence"??).

Thanks again for the explanation, and my thanks to all for their valued help.