You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's a good mouse to use with Designer?

4 hours ago, GarryP said:

@SrPx Please tell me that the DeLUX thing isn't also a mouse. That would be a bit too over-the-top for me, but I think it would be fun watching someone trying it.

Nope...!

Is only the keyboard, a gaming keyboard. But the more flashy/non square one, the gaming one from the photo seems to have less keys , pity that the square (non gaming) one  has no lettering, but I guess that's though due to being fully programmable, which is handy too, to only set my usual keys, issue is that stickers do get wasted pretty fast...even the industrially printed! My loved (again logitech, am using now a Trust and I don't like it so much) old recent keyboard, I had deleted 6 main keys with the use after the years... Yeah, spent quite sometime without them, mostly as I was not happy to change the keyboard, was too used to it  . I prefer that it comes with the letters already printed, but I would need all the numbers, and surely all the letters, is not just ctrl + shift + alt +space. 

But nope, is not also a mouse. It is expected to stay static, a more reachable way to handle the main keys for a gamer, who rarely is handling more than 6 weapons (1-6), tho depends on the game... for some flight simulator games I loved, these wouldn't cut it. I've been an intensive FPS gamer for years in the past, but my interest in this device would be just to work better with the spacing in my desktop, which is large, but even so, not the best distribution with a Wacom XL 65 cm wide. The cheapo logitech mouse at the right, not an issue, fits perfect. Another solution is to resort to ergotron articulated arms for the wacom and the keyboard.

One thing essential for me -and probably one of the reasons why I don't have wrist / hand issues (carpal tunnel and etc)- is that the mouse must be very light. I also tend to relax all body, including the wrist (AND the full hand), neck and back. Even under high pressure at companies or freelancing. Disconnect the muscles/body tension from stress (and handling the stress, of course!). I kind of trained for that consciously, as developed issues and muscular contractions, till I realized how to deal with it. So, if this (deluxe?) thingy was also a mouse, would be too heavy. IE, a razor gaming mouse would be nice for my 3D modeling and general editing, and 2D works, as the side keys seem practical for setting shortcuts, but my fear is weight. This cheapo logitechs are really light, and at some point the buttons start to do extra clicking, or stop working or get wrecked somehow, but in my case last at least a pair of years, well worth the 7 to 12 euros ! :D. Lol, I do the same with chairs and tables (an ikea table lasts me like for ever...cheapo chairs....about 5 years).... Among the cheapest versions you can find very durable stuff, even if looking very average. It counts how you deal with stuff, tho. I'm extremely careful.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

@SrPx I'm glad it's not a mouse. That would have been too much.
I can't use a keyboard properly for games, I still have to look down at the keyboard when I type.

Now that you mention durability, I just happened to be listening to a documentary yesterday about Emeco chairs, the 1006 in particular. (Indeed a Rock and Roll lifestyle.) I can't believe the price of these things but they are manufactured to withstand a hit by a torpedo and one easily withstood the fall from the top of an eight-storey building, so that's pretty durable.
https://www.emeco.net/products/chairs/emeco-1006-navy-chair-brushed-us-navy

It is just me that prefers the real thing?

Admittedly their noses wear down after repeating clicking and replacing the batteries is a bit yucky but they are incredibly cheap mice to buy plus they are lovely and warm in winter.

mouse.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

8 hours ago, carl123 said:

It is just me that prefers the real thing?

Admittedly their noses wear down after repeating clicking and replacing the batteries is a bit yucky but they are incredibly cheap mice to buy plus they are lovely and warm in winter.

mouse.jpg

Am I right in thinking their ears serve as left & right click buttons?

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

4 hours ago, AffinityJules said:

Am I right in thinking their ears serve as left & right click buttons?

No, the ears are just decorative.

From the manual:

"Tap once on the mouse's head for a single left-click, tap twice for a double left-click, your mouse will respond by tapping the desk (or mouse mat) the appropriate number of times with his nose. Squeeze mouse on right-hand side for a right-click.  On advanced models a squeeze on the left-hand side with your thumb will functions as a third (programmable) mouse button.

If your mouse fails to register any of your movements please ensure batteries are fully inserted and the correct way round.  If your mouse is sluggish in it's response to your commands a small piece of cheese should cure this."

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.