Sign in to follow this  
BitzSec

Buying Affinity Designer as a gift

Hello everyone,

I want to buy Affinity Designer (the standalone version) but I don't own a credit/debit card or a paypal account, my question is, can a friend of mine buy Affinity Designer as a gift and give it to me? I mean gifting it to my account.

My regards.

What OS do you use?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

On 6/23/2018 at 8:19 PM, BitzSec said:

can a friend of mine buy Affinity Designer as a gift and give it to me?

Hi Bitzsec,

We can certainly assist you with this, could either you or your friend email our Customer Service team - affinity@serif.com - and they will be able to help you further.

1 hour ago, StevenS said:

Hi Bitzsec,

We can certainly assist you with this, could either you or your friend email our Customer Service team - affinity@serif.com - and they will be able to help you further.

Okey, will contact you via it, another question, can the application be activated offline? As I have a PC with no internet connection (for security reasons).

22 minutes ago, BitzSec said:

can the application be activated offline?

Yes, the Windows version uses a product key, so that’s all you need. You don’t have to be online when installing or running the app.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

23 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Yes, the Windows version uses a product key, so that’s all you need. You don’t have to be online when installing or running the app.

But it requires an email upon installing, so, I guess it checks online for the key/email combination.

6 minutes ago, BitzSec said:

But it requires an email upon installing, so, I guess it checks online for the key/email combination.

No, the product key is simply tied to the email address that was used at the time of purchase.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)