You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity deleted by mistake...

I have deleted Affinity by mistake about two weeks ago, I bought the program from the Affinity web site and direct paid for it online,, is there any way I can download Affinity to my Mac. without having to repay the money again.. Thank you... Neville.....

19 minutes ago, Nifty said:

is there any way I can download Affinity to my Mac. without having to repay the money again..

I’m confused, Neville! You started out by saying that you bought the app (which one?) from the Affinity website, but the retail versions of the Affinity apps for Mac are only available via the Mac App Store (MAS). If you bought it from the MAS, you can download it again by logging in and using the link that you’ll find on the ‘Purchased’ tab; make sure you log in with the Apple ID that you used when making the original purchase.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hmmmmmm,, I'm sorry Alfred, Maybe I did buy it from the App store, it can't remember now,, I thought it came from the actual Affinity web site.. I paid 87 Australian for it, I notice that it is the same price on the App. store.... I might just try the App. store and see what happens.. I'm sorry to confuse you,, I've confused myself.. I thought I bought it from Affinity web site , guess I must have been wrong.. Thank you Alfred for your reply.. Neville...

35 minutes ago, Nifty said:

I'm sorry to confuse you,, I've confused myself.. I thought I bought it from Affinity web site

You probably clicked on a ‘Buy for Mac’ link taking you from the Affinity website to the MAS. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Nifty said:

I have deleted Affinity by mistake about two weeks ago, I bought the program from the Affinity web site and direct paid for it online,, is there any way I can download Affinity to my Mac. without having to repay the money again.. Thank you... Neville.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,, i'm back in the same position as at the time of my above posting... I downloaded Affinity again, immediately I put my SD card from my camera into my Mac all those photos have the symbol AF in front of the details.. AF automatically opens my raw files as soon as I open them, I want the raw files to open in whichever program I select, either Photoshop/ Lightroom / Bridge or Affinity, but I do NOT want Affinity to automatically open the files.. It has become a real pain in the you know where and i don't know how to have my own choice of editing software  open and editing files... Dear Mum,,, Send help.... Neville...

• Staff

Hi Nifty,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
In Finder, right-click one of the files from your camera (the RAW) and select Get Info. Then in the Open with section (see screenshot below - it's the only section i have expanded), select the Application you want to use to open those files (by default it's Preview). Finally click Change All button right below the application's dropdown to apply the new setting to all files that use that format. To open the files in another program other than the one you have chosen as the default, right-click the file in Finder and select Open With. macOS will display a list of all the apps able to open/load these types of files. Select the one you want and the file will be opened in that app.

get_info.png.9c788ccc0e529aae7ee08fe936ad4171.png

Thank you very much Meb... I've done exactly as you suggested... So far all my raw files have lost the AF designation and will open in Lightroom or Photoshop.. Thank you again for your help.. Neville.....