You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As a portrait photographer, I use editing software for retouching and portrait editing.  I'm also a big stickler for nondestructive editing.  I've only been working in AP for a few days, and I'm still struggling to figure out how to create a nondestructive workflow similar to the one I use in Ps.

Is there a way to use the clone/blemish/patch tools on a blank pixel layer to leave the background layer as is?  If not, I would like to request that feature.  It's a deal breaker for me.

I'd also love to hear how other retouchers are adopting AP and about your workflow.

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi,

I agree that those tools should be able to make non-destructive new-layers with their results - it's something we can do quite easily, but just haven't got round to yet! We will look into it :)

We're all about non-destructive - have you checked out https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/6031-filter-layers-like-adjustment-layers-but-for-filters/

If everything goes well (which it might not - but here's hoping) - we will ship non-destructive filter layers in the next beta - I think (although could be wrong) that this is an industry first ;)

Thanks,

Andy.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.