bryanrieger

Missing Geometry with Copy/Paste from Designer to Glyphs

I keep running into a strange (and annoying) problem when copy/pasting objects from Designer to Glyphs in that some geometry is lost in translation from Designer to Glyphs (see attached image, files.zip also provided). If I export to SVG and then import into Glyphs everything is fine (but this makes the process much more laborious), as is also the case when I convert the origin node to a smooth curve, etc. If I simply leave the origin node as is it appears that the node immediately after the origin node is omitted on copy/paste. I'm not sure if this is a Designer issue or Glyphs issue, but I thought I'd start here as I only have this problem when copy/pasting geometry from Designer.

missing-geometry.thumb.png.a36f10646b0171c395baf6a547af9352.png

files.zip

Hey bryanrieger,

I imagine this is closely related to the issue you posted about a couple of years ago:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27086-problem-with-copypaste-into-glyphsapp/

The bug was logged but hasn't had any activity. I suspect this is because we aren't sure what format Glyphs is expecting to be pasted in so we aren't really sure what to change/fix—do you know by any chance?

Hi Chris,

I have no idea what format Glyphs is expecting, but I'm assuming PDF and/or SVG on the clipboard. It's obviously recognizing the data, but appears to be misinterpreting the path directly after the origin node. I've cross-posted this to the Glyphs forum just-in-case anyone there can shed some more light on this issue.

Welcome, Georg.

I missed your first post back whenever (and yes, I too would like to have a document font folder).

Your application is almost enough to get me to purchase a Mac of one sort or another. It's about the only application that holds that distinction.

Mike

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.