psocretes

SVG turns into images, why?

Posted (edited)

For some reason, some SVG elements keep turning into images? The file I have uploaded is part of a bigger illustration. However, whenever I export it as an SVG it turns into a png (i think) and the quality is terrible. I have opened the file up in Brackets a free Adobe code editor and reading the code you can see it's a PNG. Is there a workaround? 

I have also included the greater picture (not finished) and it looks like everything below the eye level is images.

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I have noticed that this has been happening all the rime but now I'm turning pro and it can't continue really. 

JUST DECKING SVG.svg

broads-animation.htm

01-2 NORFOLK BROADS WINDMILL.afdesign

01-2 NORFOLK BROADS WINDMILL.svg

Edited by psocretes
Updating files as requested.

IHi psocretes

I shall take it that svg you have attached is the one after export as it is comprised of many image layer. Are you able to attach the file pre-export

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thank you. I'm learning how to make SVG elements animatable and interactive on triggers for webpages. The idea is that different things (animations) happen on scroll and mouse events. 

Hi psocretes

This is being rasterised due to the layer transparency you are using on the planks (and possibly other places) SVG doesn;t understand layer opacity, more colour opacity so it is rasterised to preserve the look. You can work around this by setting the layer opacity to 100% and using the opacity slider on the colour panel instead

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com