You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch Contact Sheet

I once used a great script that allowed me to TAKE a folder of images and PASTE them in minimum dimensions at various layout sizes. I found it fast to quickly provide a catalogue view of an image folder for my own use or research. The script allowed me to add image names or numbers. For preserving image research, it was fast and simple.

11 hours ago, blackxacto said:

I once used a great script that allowed me to TAKE a folder of images and PASTE them in minimum dimensions at various layout sizes. I found it fast to quickly provide a catalogue view of an image folder for my own use or research. The script allowed me to add image names or numbers. For preserving image research, it was fast and simple.

Hello @blackxacto,

as long as you only want to view your images on screen you can use one of many image viewer programs that offer to adjust the size of the preview size. Look into programs like Irfanview or XNview (just as a start) :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I don’t want to keep the images, this is research. I only want a Low Rez catalogue of all images found. Trash the images after collecting. Only a designer or painter, or for instance, a hair stylist would find it useful. Your way is to keep all the images at image size.

13 hours ago, blackxacto said:

I don’t want to keep the images, this is research. I only want a Low Rez catalogue of all images found. Trash the images after collecting. Only a designer or painter, or for instance, a hair stylist would find it useful. Your way is to keep all the images at image size.

OK, I was not aware that part of the operation is to reduce the size of the images. In the link to Irfanview (see my first post) you see a contact sheet that you can save seperately. Is this what you are looking for?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

45 minutes ago, blackxacto said:

I found a batch contact sheet action in XnViewMP, so I guess I don't need it in AP. Thanks for the tip, Dominik, I had not thought about checking my photo browser. XnViewerMP still amazes me. I love it, for my uses.

Glad to see that you found an immediate solution that works for you :)

Cheers,

d.

• 1 year later...