You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Built in Watermark PLEASE!!!

It would be really nice to have a built in water mark feature for MacOS and iOS

I have set up a watermark brush and have used that, but to say the least. Its not in the exact same spot every time. 

I have also set up a watermark brush with a macro. But with this, I need one for horizontal and vertical. And if the images are off in DPI or ratio, the watermark doesn't place in the exact same spot. 

I have also gone about setting up a place PNG image with a macros... But then again, I have to make sure I have one for vertical and horizontal images, and also run into the same issue of image DPI and image ratio... 

2 hours ago, travisbevan said:

It would be really nice to have a built in water mark feature for MacOS and iOS

I have set up a watermark brush and have used that, but to say the least. Its not in the exact same spot every time. 

I have also set up a watermark brush with a macro. But with this, I need one for horizontal and vertical. And if the images are off in DPI or ratio, the watermark doesn't place in the exact same spot. 

I have also gone about setting up a place PNG image with a macros... But then again, I have to make sure I have one for vertical and horizontal images, and also run into the same issue of image DPI and image ratio... 

Hi @travisbevan,

I would go with Assets. You can create a watermark as a group and add it to the 'Assets Studio'

It should be easy to place this group e.g. at the bottom right of an image. And you still can adjust size and appearance if neccessary :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 6/21/2018 at 3:07 PM, dominik said:

Hi @travisbevan,

I would go with Assets. You can create a watermark as a group and add it to the 'Assets Studio'

It should be easy to place this group e.g. at the bottom right of an image. And you still can adjust size and appearance if neccessary :)

d.

I figure the only way to make this work would be to have a watermark for each aspect ratio... 

each image would need to be cropped to a certain size, then I would need to drop a watermark and save. A lot of work.

Would be great if Affinity just had a built in watermark... 

14 minutes ago, travisbevan said:

I figure the only way to make this work would be to have a watermark for each aspect ratio... 

each image would need to be cropped to a certain size, then I would need to drop a watermark and save. A lot of work.

Would be great if Affinity just had a built in watermark... 

I do not think that you have to have a watermark for each aspect ratio. I admit it depends on what your watermark looks like.

If you want to have a name in letters at the bottom right of each picture it is very easy to have one (or two) Assets with this, drag it into the picture and place it (snapping enabled) in the bottom right corner. Maybe adjust the size a little.

I can not think of a built in watermark, that needs even less mouse clicks.

The good thing is, the Assets are already there and can be used. A built in watermark will take time to implement.

Still it is a valid point to post the request here in this forum :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

1 minute ago, dominik said:

I do not think that you have to have a watermark for each aspect ratio. I admit it depends on what your watermark looks like.

If you want to have a name in letters at the bottom right of each picture it is very easy to have one (or two) Assets with this, drag it into the picture and place it (snapping enabled) in the bottom right corner. Maybe adjust the size a little.

I can not think of a built in watermark, that needs even less mouse clicks.

The good thing is, the Assets are already there and can be used. A built in watermark will take time to implement.

Still it is a valid point to post the request here in this forum :)

d.

I see where you are going with your assets idea... 

My watermark is just my website TRAVISBEVAN.COM and then centred underneath PHOTO | VIDEO | DESIGN 

The problem is, if I use a brush at lets say 250px or have the text set to 250 px on a 4000x3000 pixel photo it looks and works great, but now if I use a photo that is 1000x1000 or 1200x500 that  brush, tiff, png or text at 250px will either take up half the size of the photo, or be off set in a different area, other then the bottom right hand side. I had this problem for years with photoshop and I had to create a vertical and horizontal watermark. The spacing and sizing worked it self out after a ton fo trial and error, but it couldn't figure out the vertical or horizontal in photoshop. 

7 hours ago, travisbevan said:

if I use a brush

I see. You are trying to achieve this with pixel tools.

I was referring to vector tools. I have created a sample file (unfortunately 50 MB in size) that perhaps explains how I would do it. All text is vector just to make sure it shows the same way as it does here. You can leave it to text.

It uses Constrains as @Rocketdrive suggested above. It does not use an Asset but you can save what I call 'Watermark Container' as an Asset.

As it is right now you can resize the Watermark Containers to any size and aspect ratio. As long as the formats are similar this should work. For formats that are very different from each others one would create slightly different Watermark Containers and save them as different Assets.

I realize that 'Assets' is not a feature in Affinity Photo. I created the file in Affinity Designer, but can be opened in APh.

d.

P1033854.afphoto