You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity icloud backup needs 23gb?!

• Staff

To check the storage breakdown, you have to go to Apple Icloud > Icloud > Manage Storage > Affinity photo > And you will see here a breakdown of all your photo. Alternatively, you can log in directly to your icloud and see what's being backed up. 

• Staff

As most of the reported space is being taken up by Backups, have you checked to see what is backed up? This can be checked in a similar location to the iCloud, Go to Settings > Username (1st option) > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups, take a full screenshot and upload.

I already tried it, I deleted and disabled the backup and as I turned it back on it was again 23gb.

last question, do I really need this backup? I save all my Projekts by myself that means I don't need this backup right?

• Staff

I think we need to narrow down what is included in your iCloud backup files, as I don't believe I've ever seen Affinity Photo take up that much space. Which version of iOS are you running as when I go to Settings > Username (1st option) > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups, I see different screens, see below. Now my Backup is empty, but if I use it,  a list of files and sizes will show.

iCloud1.jpg

iCloud2.jpg

• Staff

I'm not sure about beta versions of iOS but I've just checked 11.4 and I see the same screens as I uploaded and they are from 11.3 (non beta). So I'm not sure why you can't get to see the same menus to see what makes up the backup files on your iCloud.