You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixel Persona extremely slow in Affinity Designer

Pretty much whenever I attempt to use Brushes in pixel mode, I get major major lag in performance, like 5 or more seconds sometimes, between when I draw and when the results appear on the screen. The problem seems to be more severe when using custom brushes, or the default included brushes when the width is increased to very large. I also get performance issues when I switch the blend mode from "Normal" to something like "Multiply". As far as I know, I have a pretty good computer - I've attached a few screenshots of the specs. I've also tried changing the "Performance" configurations but have yet to improve this lag. I've also tried closing running processes and applications.

Am I missing something here. My computer is super fast with regards to software development but I'm new to doing graphics related things so I'm uncertain if there's hardware that I'm lacking.

Thanks,

Andrew

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.27.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.28.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.30.22 PM.png

Am I correct in assuming you are running two external 1920X1080 px displays with your MBP? If so, what happens if at least the main workspace window is moved to the MBP's built-in display and/or you move everything to it & disconnect your external displays?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem, but when I reset my affinity design settings, that pixel brush thing was solved.

To reset you setting, keep pressing ctrl or command key(on mac) while opening the software. Then select all the boxes and continue. 

On 6/20/2018 at 11:03 PM, hunterae said:

Pretty much whenever I attempt to use Brushes in pixel mode, I get major major lag in performance, like 5 or more seconds sometimes, between when I draw and when the results appear on the screen. The problem seems to be more severe when using custom brushes, or the default included brushes when the width is increased to very large. I also get performance issues when I switch the blend mode from "Normal" to something like "Multiply". As far as I know, I have a pretty good computer - I've attached a few screenshots of the specs. I've also tried changing the "Performance" configurations but have yet to improve this lag. I've also tried closing running processes and applications.

Am I missing something here. My computer is super fast with regards to software development but I'm new to doing graphics related things so I'm uncertain if there's hardware that I'm lacking.

Thanks,

Andrew

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.27.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.28.48 PM.png

I had the same problem, but when I reset my affinity design settings, that pixel brush thing was solved.

To reset the settings keep in holding ctrl or command key(on mac)

10 hours ago, Asheesh said:

To reset you setting, keep pressing ctrl or command key(on mac) while opening the software. Then select all the boxes and continue. 

No, in this instance it is still the Control key on Mac.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 year later...