You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is this workflow possible in Photo?

You can use View->New View and then drag the new view's tab to float it.

I'm a bit confused by your reference to "separate mode", though, as I think that's a Mac term. On Windows we don't have separated mode, just the possibility of floating image windows and studio panels.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I don't know anything more about the differences between Mac and Windows user interfaces for Affinity Photo. If you can't make a new view, or can't drag its tab to float it, then you may have to use separated mode.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Unfortunately there are no scaling options for the navigator studio, you can re-size it manually by dragging the transform box :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by this, are you referring to Zoom Level at 100%?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Maybe I am missing something, but the Navigator panel provides a lot of options for setting the main view (or a second view in separated mode) to precise zoom levels that should not blur anything that is pixel aligned, depending on the zoom level chosen:

853174106_navpanel.png.17feb3de9c1b1765d7f55d8826e34f48.png

For example, the circled buttons snap the zoom level up or down to various levels like the 50,100, & 200% ones indicated by the arrows, & the slider has detents at each of them as well. You can also set the panel to Advanced mode (via the 4 line 'hamburger' menu at the top right) & use the gear icon to add view points so you can quickly switch to different ones.

You can even drag the Navigator panel out so it floats & resize it, but I think the way to go for this is using separated mode.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 hours ago, Dan C said:

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by this, are you referring to Zoom Level at 100%?

I want to edit a 40x40px graphic in one view with a high level zoom and parallel a second view of the same graphic in 100% to see how it looks in real size (like in my first screenshot with Photoshop).

• Staff

Hi DevBoyLars,
You can only do this using Separated Mode (menu Window ▸ Separated Mode), creating a new view (menu View ▸ New View) and setting it to 100%.
There's no way to control the zoom level displayed in the Navigator panel. It's simply adjusted to the size of the panel so it's impossible to get an accurate view (1:1) here.

1 hour ago, DevBoyLars said:

This would be so much better.

Why?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

@henryg Are you using Widows by chance?

Please see:

Please note -

Many thanks!