You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

not installed beta 109 and 112 (win7)

Hi, the beta version 109 and 112 can not be installed with me (win 7).
Message: Affinity Installer stops working - it is looking for a solution to the problem.
What can I do??
Have already deleted all betas and also the user, program directories with beta directory.
Maybe someone has a solution for me.
Greetings Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

If the program directories are still in the recycle bin, restore them, clean out your temp folder, reboot and try again with no other programs running

If that doesn't work, run the beta installer as an administrator (usually not the best idea) and see if that does the trick.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the beta from the installed programs folder then try the above steps again

Temp files are located under C\Users\YOUR LOGIN\appdata\local\temp. Some of them will be locked by other things running on your system

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Hi Rick, unfortunately, no success.
Can it possibly prevent a registry entry. The installation of the final version is possible, so it should be due to the installer, which is different than the final version.
Does anyone have any idea what I can taste.
Greetings Dieter

Hi Jon, a setupui.log file is unfortunately not available on C :. I It already breaks off when running the installer and does not install the log-file.
greetings Dieter

Hi, I found another old beta.
1.6.3.96 can be installed correctly and runs. After over installation with the .112 error message as described above.
Greetings Dieter

• Staff

Hi Dieter,

Since build 109, the installer depends on the Microsoft .NET Framework. This should be available by default on Windows 7, but perhaps it's not working on your computer for some reason. 

Please could you try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-framework-runtime/net462

Then try to install Affinity Photo again. 

Hi Jon, the reference to .Net Framework was great.
I only had to activate version 3.5.1 in addition to the latest version.
Now the installation has gone and beta .112 is up and running.
Thanks again for the hint. Now I can test again.
Greetings Dieter

• Staff

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for reporting back. I'm glad it's working now. I hadn't realised .NET 3.5 could be disabled; we will have to a check in the installer for this situation.

All the best, 

Jon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.