You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.5.112

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Space bar panning with the paintbrush tool placing nozzles

• Fixed crash when selecting Perspective Tool after using Mesh Warp Tool

• Added Dial support for Shadows / Highlights adjustment 

• Added Dial support for Shapes 

• Fixed Dial Select tool not defaulting correctly

• Fixed tool handle selection with touch input 

• Fixed Lighting tool for Surface pens that don't support angle and tilt 

• Fixed SVG export to avoid exporting spurious groups

• Fixed pressing escape key on font size context toolbar editor not returning focus

• Added option to prefer metafile over raster with per-application default (defaulted to off)

• Fixed main window closing on second monitor not appearing at next start

• Fixed Adjustments panel starting below the visible window 

• Fixed Transform panel fields losing focus when using arrow and shift+arrow keys to increment/decrement values

• Fixed intermittent crash when using the Pen Tool 

• Fixed drag dropping a PNG file into the document locks the file

• Fixed Live Diffuse Glow filter opacity slider stuck at 100%

• Fixes included in the 1.6.5.109 customer beta 

A minor suggestion for the installer/updater: I already had beta 1.6.5.109 installed. When I ran the installer for 1.6.5.112 I got a message

image.png.6b778d08e27181c9a2bee9daa2b1cdbd.png

It would be nice (less confusing) if it included the build number (112) as I already had 1.6.5 installed. Thanks. (This applies to Designer, too.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Updated with no problem except 1.6.5 displayed as Walt mentioned.

Any news on RAF loading times?

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

Thanks Mark. Update went without a problem.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Hey,

I just downloaded the new beta but when opening it, I do not see the EXIF data info – not in the Develop persona (Nikon D 800) nor in the Photo persona.

I opened the “normal” AP and there I see the info.

Txs

• Staff
2 hours ago, DirkieS said:

I just downloaded the new beta but when opening it, I do not see the EXIF data info – not in the Develop persona (Nikon D 800) nor in the Photo persona.

I opened the “normal” AP and there I see the info.

There will be something wrong with the ExifTool in the new install. We will need to investigate this. Are the full version and the beta both installed on the same PC? What is your OS please?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Patrick,

indeed, the full version and the beta are installed on the same PC

The specs of my PC:

Windows 10 Home - Version 1803 - Build 17134.112

Intel i7 - 8700K

Ram 16 GB

Txs for helping me out!

best regards,

Dirk

Hello everybody,
thanks for the new beta.
No problems detected until now:)

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Thank you for the new Beta.

I'm still having problems with crashing as soon I start working with my Wacom Bamboo CTH-460 on Windows 10. Sometimes I can work for hours without crashing and sometimes it's immediately after I start to work.

I attached the Crash Report, which disappears shortly after it's logged, so I had to quickly copy it to desktop. I don't know if this is normal.

d4f6b3c0-a21a-4121-a692-209ab227c00b.dmp

57 minutes ago, Kresimir Pernek said:

I'm still having problems with crashing as soon I start working with my Wacom Bamboo CTH-460 on Windows 10. Sometimes I can work for hours without crashing and sometimes it's immediately after I start to work.

I attached the Crash Report, which disappears shortly after it's logged, so I had to quickly copy it to desktop. I don't know if this is normal.

Kresimir, I have the same Wacom, works fine on win10 and win7 for beta and live. Cheers Paul

1 hour ago, Kresimir Pernek said:

Hi, thanks for the crash report - I've taken a look at it, and whilst I can see where it's crashing, I can't tell *why* it's crashing. As such, we could do with trying to reproduce the problem. Is it always on one document? Or all documents? Does it happen if you use a mouse? 

Hi guys,

I have a file where I have grouped layers in different ways, these seem to look the same before and after I grouped them into one.

BUT, when I use "merge visible" the resizing/scaling behaves differently, so much that I only released they look the same when I zoomed to 100%, otherwise, when exporting or zooming out, it looks as if some layers are not working.

This is how it looks when using grouped layers, at 16.7%.

image.png.074c748e3d8ee4129c23b655261600ef.png

This is the same view, but with merged visible layer.

image.png.880c6175ad80112c3be0d3fd073ad8a6.png

Same result is when I export (jpg, bilinear resize).

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

6 hours ago, Kresimir Pernek said:

Some additional info.

It seems it mostly happens when I pan and zoom with my Wacom pen. I am using my pen lower button set to Space shortcut. I have the newest drivers for that model and I don't have any of the conflicting software you warned about in the other thread.

e4802030-0dc4-42b9-956d-872e5b28c1c2.dmp

Photo_CrashReport_2006.jpg

Hi Kresimir,

I have the same Wacom, with pen up down switch set to [ and ]  and no issues.

Perhaps try that within the configuration preferences?

Cheers, Paul

I have a Bamboo CTH-470/S and I never had any problem with it. Panning and zooming and changing brush size works very well.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Also, there are differences between the performance of the brush when moving (without touch and action) with the stylus / mouse. Mouse everything happens instantly / with a pen with a large delay, time-lapse (with a large diameter of the brush).
It would still be worthwhile to have a limit for live view of the brush (if the rendering time is <= 0.5 seconds or processor load = 100% then disable the live brush.) The presence of the preview of the brush becomes meaningless when the brush is drawn with a delay of 3-5 and sometimes 10 seconds. changing the diameter of the brush, depending on the performance of the computer, an individual (possibly adjustable) threshold must be set, in which priority is given to performance and the live view is turned off.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.