You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AffinityPhoto for Mac - Is this by design?

I have been processing a series of HDR landscape sequences that I shot during a recent trip. I have done this before using AP without any issue but these photos were taken with a fisheye lens and so that distortion needed to be corrected. That can not be done within AP so, after adjusting the resulting HDR image, I tried to call a plugin (PTLensEdit) to fix the distortion, but it did not show as being enabled. In fact none of the plugin links were enabled.

I had to save the image to disk and then reload it before I could get the plugins to enable, so I wanted to know if this was a bug or if it was by design. I understand that there is no name for the resulting HDR until it is saved, but even doing that (saving it) did not enable the plugins and the saved image had to be reloaded before I was able to call a plugin.

• Staff

Hi Mike,

This is normal, after the HDR merge you will be in a 32bit colour format and not all plugins support this.  If you click Colour Format>8 bit RGB you should find the Plugins then work.  You may find they also work on 16bit RGB, but this depends on the plugin.

I'll move this post over to questions.