You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AFPhoto Mac & Win : Mesh warp tool

I have 2 Feature Requests about the mesh warp tool:

I am trying to wRap (not waRp) a picture around a perspective box shape, using the mesh warp tool.

Faux perspective, so to speak.

I could not get the result I wanted by using the perspective tool, because it does not allow for additional nodes.

I created some additional nodes with the mesh warp tool in order to get the perspective (mainly the top) correct. So far, so good.

Until I exited the tool in order to to take a peek at the intermediate result. Not satisfied with how it looked,

I selected the wrap tool again so as to perform some tweaking.....all the extra nodes were gone.

Makes sense, because you exit the tool. Hence my (tentative) feature requests :

Feature Request 1 Mesh Warp : Create a way to "intermediately save" additional nodes ?

Also, there does not seems to be a way to constrain the movement of the node handles

It would be nice to have a short cut key to do just that.

Feature request 2 Mesh Warp : Create a way to constrain the handles ?

Thank you for reading this. C.L.

16 minutes ago, catlover said:

I received email notification that someone reacted to this post. 

For some reason, I can't view that reaction.

This has happened before, I can't figure out why. Please help.

Until now, yours was the only reply to your original post, but @276ccm has ‘liked’ it. It’s also possible that someone ‘liked’ or otherwise ‘reacted’ to your post, and then quickly (but not quickly enough) withdrew that reaction.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Looking at that post in a web browser, I see the reaction(s) on the lower right side, on about the same line as the Quote button:

image.png.ed6b9b389b41366c699601407f26970a.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi catlover,
The Mesh Warp Tool doesn't have an equivalent live filter as the Perspective Tool which keeps the mesh/distortion intact/editable. Maybe the dev team consider it for a future update. Good suggestion for the node's handles. Would be quite useful to have more control here. Thanks for your feedback.