You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any roadmap regarding the new RAW formats support? I'm interested in the Fuji and Sony cameras. Can I assume that new cameras from the major brands (e.g. A7 III) will be covered by the Affinity Photo within reasonable time either new formats will be added just in version 2?

Hi,

i have recently purchased the a7 III and despite trying to load raw files from iCloud, photos, gdrive and dropbox, onto my iPad Pro, they do not load and I get a blank screen. No problems on the Mac. How does this get fixed because my whole reasons for switching to Affinity was the impressive on the go functionality. 

Many thanks 

cagney80

• Staff

Hi Cagney80,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :) 
Affinity Photo for iOS relies exclusively on Apple (Core Image RAW) to convert/process RAW files which currently doesn't support the Sony a7 III (for a list of compatible cameras/RAW formats supported on iOS 11 please check this page.). The desktop version provides a choice between Serif Labs RAW engine (the default) which is able to load a7 III files and Apple (Core Image RAW), thus the difference in behaviour.