James Zsigmond

Strange Noise in Shadows in A7RII/III A9 Raw files

When brining up the exposure in the underexposed areas of a RAW photo from these three Sony Camera’s: A7RII, A7RIII, and A9, strange clusters of noise (sometimes the clusters are a purpleish/red color) appear throughout the shadow area, this seems to only happens in affinity photo (IPad version) and not in other raw editors that I use on my IPad Pro (Ver 2).

I have seen this as well. I have pretty much given up on the RAW editor for Photo for now. I'm using Capture One for RAW conversion or Lightroom mobile in a pinch. Once Serif adds non-destructive editing and works on the issues with the RAW persona, I'll definitely give it a shot again. This reminds me I should post another bug within the RAW persona. I have a feeling the next version will have much improved RAW persona as they asked for RAWS from everyone. They're definitely working on it.

iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen/Mac Mini, in that order

Hi James,

Can you attach a sample from each of those cameras so I can try this myself? I'm struggling to find an underexposed sample from any of those cameras. It would help a great deal. 

We use Apple Core RAW for development on the iPad versions. Our own RAW engine is not available so you will have less support for the time being on iPad compared to the desktop apps. As wgphoto says, we are looking to improve the raw development side by adding more camera support and by improving functions and features.

I'll see if I can find any underexposed RAWS, although admittedly, I always nail exposure so it'll be difficult. ;)

iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen/Mac Mini, in that order

15 hours ago, wgphoto said:

I'll see if I can find any underexposed RAWS, although admittedly, I always nail exposure so it'll be difficult. ;)

B| Haha! Well, if you do find one, I'd really appreciate it.