You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Satori Sans - Free Font

Uncle Mez

Dear All

My dear friend Tom Cargill from Satori Graphics UK designed this great font and gave it for free to his friends network.

Because it's Free and i really like his work which have helped me to improve my workflow, i chose to share it with this great community.

May you enjoy it and... Design your Futur Today !

Satori Sans.zip

satori-sans.jpg

thumbnail 1.jpg

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Hello Arnaud Mez,

Forgive me, but I'm going to be the devil's advocate: it's very nice of you to offer this font for free, but I see that it's paid for (even if it's not expensive) and if it was offered free of charge by Tom Cargill to a very small number of his friends, I don't know if he would like to see it broadcast for free to a large number of potential buyers.

I hope I do not shock you by my position on the subject but I put myself in the place of your friend Tom Cargill.

Sincerely.

It does indeed seem like this font is not free for general distribution.
See here: https://www.satorigraphics.net/typography-ebook-download/satori-sans-font-download
I would suggest that people who have installed this font - without buying it or with specific permission from a representative of Satori Graphics - delete it from their system(s).

Better to be safe than sorry.

7 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I would suggest that people who have installed this font - without buying it or with specific permission from a representative of Satori Graphics - delete it from their system(s).

Better yet, if you like it enough to want to keep it, purchase a copy! It’s very inexpensive at the quoted full price, and it’s currently on sale at half price.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It lasted 22 seconds in my HD, lol... :D

Good intentions from the OP, but wise advise by the others... The world of licenses is like that, better to be safe than sorry....

I entered the thread as the name reminded me of a glorious vector/raster package of decades ago, not existing anymore, I believe.... Satori Paint.... Dunno if someone here did knew it... Was offered free -old versions- in a bunch of computer magazines... Was quite cool, although, like anything from today, AD does a lot of things more, now....Edit: Seems unrelated to this font author.... In the About section, the guy looks way too young to be the developer of that one... And I guess Satori is a quite common Japanese name..... :) 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Yes! Satori FilmFX 64 was the pro app. Satori Paint was sold at a much cheaper price and eventually given away in computer mags. If I recall correctly there was a Web FX as well.

The developers were Spaceward Graphics in Cambridge UK. The staff member who frequented the Satori forum was Mark Graham.

Superb software! I used FilmFX 64 from 2000 until about 2005. Unfortunately Spaceward went under in the early 2000's (maybe earlier?).

Interestingly Spaceward Graphics was originally an audio recording studio — Spaceward Studios

On 6/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, reglico said:

Hello Arnaud Mez,

Forgive me, but I'm going to be the devil's advocate: it's very nice of you to offer this font for free, but I see that it's paid for (even if it's not expensive) and if it was offered free of charge by Tom Cargill to a very small number of his friends, I don't know if he would like to see it broadcast for free to a large number of potential buyers.

I hope I do not shock you by my position on the subject but I put myself in the place of your friend Tom Cargill.

Sincerely.

Hello @reglico Oups !

Sorry i didn't though about that.

Is there a way to delete the thread ? i totally forgot it was sent to a small number of peoples only.

Have to review my understanding of sharing, licenses and other.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

7 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

Is there a way to delete the thread ?

There’s no need to delete the thread! It’s fine to tell people about the font: you just need to remove the attachment so that it’s no longer available to download for free.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

There’s no need to delete the thread! It’s fine to tell people about the font: you just need to remove the attachment so that it’s no longer available for download for free.

Done !

thank you so much.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Hello Arnaud Mez,

As @αℓƒяє∂ says, simply remove the download link from the font to avoid possible litigations.

By leaving the screenshots, you can make this font known and potentially interested persons can then obtain it legally on the site in question.

Thank you and have a nice day.