You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will Viveza (Nik) be fixed for Affinity?

This should be fixed in the 1.7 update but Ill let a mod confirm that. In the meantime the 100% zoom is the only workaround.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Are these questions in reference to the “old” free NIK collection, or are they referring to the new DXO paid collection? 

I ask because of the reference to the statement: “as it crashes in their code and not ours.”

This assessment conflicts with the research of another Affinity Photo user who tested the new DXO NIK collection release across several non-Adobe programs.

Below is their statement posted on the DXO forum:

“Affinity Photo – The programmers of this increasingly popular editor need to do some tweaking of their app, because it won’t run the new Nik-DxO plugins. Since both PhotoLine and Luminar will run the filters, I believe the problem is with their code, not DxO’s.”

I would like to purchase the more stable NIK collection (and support DXO’s efforts to keep the software alive) but I would like to know that Affinity will support it.

Thank you for any information you can supply.

• Staff

I'm referring to the new plugins, not the old ones. We only support .8bf plugins, we do nothing specific for Nix plugins and nothing we can do to support them directly. They definitely changed something in the new release as they worked fine with the old "Google" plugins.