You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 minutes ago, Llanyblod said:

Any idea when APu will be available in UK?

At the same time it is available for everyone regardless of where they live.

The beta is suppose to be released this summer (that be the Northern hemisphere summer). Tis almost the beginning of summer. So perhaps anytime in the next few months. As to when the first released version is available would likely depend upon how the beta testing goes.

58 minutes ago, Przemysław said:

Everyone is. It's better to get a working product than some random snapshot full of bugs. :-)

Well, some are not impatient. At least I'm not. No wine before its time and all that.

And there are going to be both limitations and bugs at first release. And there will be bugs in v.2.x and... and...

That should be expected. I have no software without bugs and limitations. Some of which I have dutifully updated since 1989.

58 minutes ago, MikeW said:

No wine before its time and all that.

In vino veritas :-D

Cuivis dolori remedium est patientia* - it should be a motto for beta's splash screen. ;)

--
* Patience is the cure for all suffer

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

3 hours ago, MikeW said:

Well, some are not impatient. At least I'm not. No wine before its time and all that.

That is what beer is for! ;)

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Good ol' Zappa.

If beer makes a country, then the US is a COUNTRY. 

Last year I did a beer guide. I really don't remember how many breweries were in it nor if all their beers were represented. But the XML file I was given was twenty some odd megabytes. That is a large text file. All US-based breweries. 

24 minutes ago, MikeW said:

That is a large text file. All US-based breweries. 

I know a lot of people think of Budweiser, Coors, or one of the other major US brands when they think about US beers but in the last decade or so there has been an explosion of craft & micro breweries all over the country, as well as in brew-pubs & other eateries that specialize in serving a dozen or more brews made in nearby area breweries with their food.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I know a lot of people think of Budweiser, Coors, or one of the other major US brands when they think about US beers but in the last decade or so there has been an explosion of craft & micro breweries all over the country, as well as in brew-pubs & other eateries that specialize in serving a dozen or more brews made in nearby area breweries with their food.

Even some of the national breweries have bought up some craft & micro breweries and produce under those labels. I was buying craft beer in the 1970s (the company began making it in the late 1960s). There are currently over 6,000 craft brewers in the USA. The trend mainly began on the West Coast. It wasn't until the mid 1980s that the first East Coast brew pub opened.

Probably indicates we are nationally obsessed with beer. My tastes run to a good Pinot. At least while I am BBQ'ing. I can down a bottle of a good Oregon Pinot while doing a quick Q. Two if I am smoking up some meat before finishing it off hot (like a 7-bone Prime).

Geez. Now I want some wine and some meat...

Got to thinking about my "not impatient" comment. I'm not impatient but I am anxious to see how text styles have been reworked. And how well say importing Word files work out.

Today has been a rather relaxed day rolling in changes to a substantial book as they come in. I take the Word files and export tagged text from it, delete the appropriate sections and import the tagged text where it was.

Now, I dunno if APub will ever support tagged text. So how well it does import Word documents and maps to styles with options to retain local formatting gets really important for faster workflows.