You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PNG transparency does not work when uploaded to Wix.

There used to be several issues with PNG metadata in the past, I used to fix those with a free tool called PNGTweak.  Maybe is some library that Wix is using. happens in all browser exactly the same ? There are often differences, when not even know browser bugs or unsupported file header tags, or color profile tag issues. If you have an example of a PNG that does not work in Wix for you, and that you can upload to public safely here, I might take a look at it, at the header and etc with several freebies and meta data utilities.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 3 years later...

SOLUTION FOUND. So the transparency issue, I found, is about WIX's issues with framing. When you upload the image onto your site, it can automatically frame it (even if you don't see a frame) and wix disables the transparency when framing an image automatically. So what I did was upload the image, chuck it on the site, then right clicked on the png transparency image and selected the little "design" paintbrush option, this then gave a selection of "themed frames" to choose from, I chose "no frame" for the image and then magically the png image had a transparent background again. Hope this helps. 

• 1 year later...

Just ran into this exact problem with the social links feature in Wix. Since there is no "design paintbrush option" for those icons, sharing the solution that worked for thsoe:

Had to select image in Site Files (after selecting Add Icon when hovering the social icons), click … > Cut Out Background. This results in a cutout image and actual transparent png. Great lesson in "how to complicate things" from Wix.