You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

watched your tutorial using the healing brush, tried once on a photo, got the red brush all went well, but since then I have not been able to get the red brush instead i get a message that says select source but do not understand the key stroke symbol and what i need to do help

You have selected the wrong tool. In the healing group, there are five tools. Click and hold the mouse button down for a moment over the plaster and the healing group will open. (you can also right click instead of left click and hold).

The other thing you could do is press the keyboard shortcut "J" which will cycle between the tools in the healing group. Just press J until the Inpainting Brush Icon appears.

inp.jpg.975076acd88fd0ad6b41e28a25faae91.jpg

The Inpainting Brush Tool.

Select that and paint on the image with the brush to get the red areas. As you release the mouse button, it removes the blemishes.

Note. There are a few tools inside groups, indicated by the small black triangle on the bottom right corner. The only issue is, as you use one tool, that one remains visible as the default on the Tools panel, so it is possible to "lose" tools.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.