You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, I have a Affinity Photo Design that I have built with 4800 x 4000 pixels; 300dpi and my customer wants to have it in logo size, so quite small for a letter head. I do not quite manage to maintain the quality of my bigger file. Would anyone have the expertise in Affinity Photo of how to resize to such a smaller size (approx. 2,5 inch to 1,5 inch) maintaining the good quality? thx in advance, Kristina

• Staff

Hi @Palm Tale,

Welcome to the forums. 

Downsizing does not affect the quality. Only upsizing does. As for the size you mentioned, 2.5 x 1.5inch @ 300 dpi = 750 × 450 Pixels . 

TO resize it, you can either resize the canvas:

Or Resize at export:

Thanks,

Gabe. 

As @MEBsays but you might find it very useful to apply a bit of Unsharp Mask sharpening after resizing. It depends on the image.

usm.jpg.284173e7431d509b2be811377659fdac.jpg

Layer > New Live Filter Layer > Unsharp Mask Filter (add a filter layer)

or

Filters > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask (destructive so no layer. but you can use this with a split view which makes it easier to see the effect.

Do this after you resize down

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.