You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo .exe Setup Unresponsive

Hey affinity friends,

I just purchased AP less than an hour ago. First off, I’m running Windows 10, 64-bit os. When I try to open the .exe setup, I get a loading “blue circle wheel” but then nothing happens. When I run as administrator, it will actually pull up the user account control prompt (“Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device”). I select yes, and then the same thing happens. No error or any other prompts, just nothing. I have looked through the forums and have not seen anyone post anything similar to my problem. I uninstalled my AVG antivirus, since that sometimes causes programs not to download. I tried using MSCONFIG and disabling non-window applications, restarting, and trying to install again but to no avail. Does anybody have any idea what’s wrong?

• Staff

Hi Clawcheezles,

Welcome to the forums :)
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Could you please confirm the size of the downloaded exe? I have seen this happen before when a download has not completed fully.

Could you please open 'Run' (Windows Key + R) and type msinfo32 then File>Save on the window that opens. If you could send me a direct message through my profile containing the .NFO file, this would be much appreciated!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!