Kemas

Slow Performance After Upgrade to iOS 12 Beta 1

I recently upgraded to the iOS 12 Beta and while Affinity Photo works and loads without issue, i’ve Noticed that when I attempt to do edits it now moves very, very slowly. I realize I’m on the beta of iOS so expect to run into issues; but would like verify the issue is related to the iOS Beta. At the moment Affinity Photo for iPad is unusable as the delays make me feel like I’m using an ancient iPad. It’s iPad Pro 10.5” that i just purchased last month and no other apps including photo apps are having any issues with performance. 

I have a second iPad but it’s an iPad Air 1 and therefore I can’t do any testing or use it as backup.

I’m happy to provide additional details. 

Thanks,

Kelly

Hi Kelly, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

We discovered this a few days ago and we are already working towards a fix after identifying the issue. We intend on fixing this before official iOS 12 release :) 

Update
I've just been informed this has been fixed by development. We will release the fix to the public as soon as we can, but definitely before the official release of iOS 12. Thanks!

That’s awesome to hear. I know usually you have to wait to fix an issue in these situations. Fantastic. Can’t wait. I’m missing being able to edit in Affinity Photo. 

@liumingming

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. We will fix it as soon as we are sure we have a safe fix AND we have found any other iOS 12 issues that perhaps have not yet surfaced. The slow drawing on iOS 12 may be masking other things that also need addressing, so once we have a fix for this we will still need a number of weeks internal testing using a fixed build to check for other issues or consequences of the fix.

Can you tell me why you moved to the developer only environment of iOS 12 ?

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

excuse me for bad english.l‘m in china。first of all thank you for the chinese version。l do not know English,and it‘s not uesd photoshop。I uesd it photo editing soft is affinity photo in iPad Pro.very powerful software in  ios photo editing。l study for affinity photo work book 。not on the internet. Your website does not support my country .including the teaching video inside.   But in china we have a discussion group about affinity photo. (Mac Win IOS) in the group,some people make Chinese translation on teaching video.and finally we’re all looking forward to affinity desinger on iOS app