You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Even though Affinity Designer for iPad and Affinity Publisher for Mac and Windows are both expected in the not too distant future, it’s clear that a great deal of work has already gone into the free 1.7 updates for Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Given the small size of the development team, I think they’re doing all they can.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Plus, and in consonance with Alfred's comment, consider that they are making a huge push for releasing a first beta of Affinity Publisher and some other stuff.  You can't do magic even with a small army of ninja-unicorn-cats... ;)  

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Versions 1.7 of AP and AD are both expected to be with us next year and will contain some new features, maybe not all of which we have heard about in the forum. I think we can only expect bug fixes for version 1.6 until then

If, as Alfred mentions, "Affinity Designer for iPad and Affinity Publisher for Mac and Windows are both expected in the not too distant future" then I would expect future development of all products to then be even slower as there will then be 3 more products to support, maintain and upgrade and the Affinity team is only a small team to do all that work.

It may be best to find alternative ways to do things if the features you want are not in AP at the moment.

Alternative ways either within or outside of AP

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, SrPx said:

You can't do magic even with a small army of ninja-unicorn-cats... ;)  

Personally, I prefer dogs :)

toltec

Cripes, I hope nobody from Serif reads this. Talk like that could get me blacklisted ;)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

2 minutes ago, toltec said:

Personally, I prefer dogs :)

toltec

Cripes, I hope nobody from Serif reads this. Talk like that could get me blacklisted ;)

Oh, I dunno. I expect that @Mark Ingram and @James Ritson will back you up!

Alfred spacer.png

4 minutes ago, toltec said:

I'm not sure about that. I heard that Serif recently had an extension build to their offices. Not sure why ?

I can imagine Mark complaining: “I said ‘kernel’, not ‘kennel’!” xD

Alfred spacer.png

14 hours ago, SrPx said:

Plus, and in consonance with Alfred's comment, consider that they are making a huge push for releasing a first beta of Affinity Publisher and some other stuff.  You can't do magic even with a small army of ninja-unicorn-cats... ;)  

Word of the day "consonance" use as much as possible lol!

O.o Ninja Unicorn Cats, this would be my second choice for an army, Minions are my first choice.

40487-new-minions-hintergrundbilder-2880x1800-fuer-ipad-2.jpg.b18ab918ea3ee10d3f2587331cb684d3.jpg

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

3 hours ago, firstdefence said:

O.o Ninja Unicorn Cats, this would be my second choice for an army, Minions are my first choice.

What about Laser Cats

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

9 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Word of the day "consonance"

Well, that happens when you let a Spaniard post in English (or Spanglish) . 50% of the times, I dunno how am I sounding..... xDDD

BTW, no way... a Ninja Unicorn Cat will beat a bunch of minions.... as a Ninja, you wouldn't see it coming.... as a unicorn, it could program in 30.458 (give or take) programming languages, and do the UI/UX (easy, basically ponies rainbow colored) and code the AI of an entire army of invincible colorful pony robots, assisted by a column of green Pikachu paladins. Who would beat that. If for some cosmos unbalance, a minion could get close to a ninja unicorn cat, the cat side of it would make it impossible to disturb the thing in its sleep.... (what heartless beast would do that ?)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

3 hours ago, SrPx said:

Well, that happens when you let a Spaniard post in English (or Spanglish) . 50% of the times, I dunno how am I sounding..... xDDD

BTW, no way... a Ninja Unicorn Cat will beat a bunch of minions.... as a Ninja, you wouldn't see it coming.... as a unicorn, it could program in 30.458 (give or take) programming languages, and do the UI/UX (easy, basically ponies rainbow colored) and code the AI of an entire army of invincible colorful pony robots, assisted by a column of green Pikachu paladins. Who would beat that. If for some cosmos unbalance, a minion could get close to a ninja unicorn cat, the cat side of it would make it impossible to disturb the thing in its sleep.... (what heartless beast would do that ?)

A minion and their not so secret anymore weapon ba'nana skins oh and bare tushy's lol! 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions