You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing personas after photo import

Hi - perhaps I’m just not seeing it, but I can’t find the personas icons once I’ve imported a photo from my camera roll. They’re there when I start a new project, but when I import a photo, all I see is the photo metadata instead of persona icons. Any else experience / know a fix for this?

M.

• Staff

Hi M_L,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

What's happening is that you are opening/importing a RAW file which by default opens in Develop Persona. This Persona is where you convert/develop the RAW file into a processed image (for further localised editing) - you can easily identify this Persona by the white RAW label/icon along with the camera/lens/settings info on the top on the interface and by the specific icons/studios on the right of the interface (Basic, Lens Details etc studios). As soon as you tap the round Develop button in the context toolbar on bottom the image will be moved/switch to Photo Persona (with the rest of persona icons on the top left you are expecting) as well as its specific set of studios - Layers, Colours, Brushes etc studios on the right of the interface).

If you open a processed image instead (JPG, PNG, TIFF etc) it will open directly in Photo Persona (the one with the personas icons in the top left).

To learn more about RAW Editing, Develop Persona etc check the following video: Vimeo / YouTube