You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why does my work not look the same when I export as a PDF

I have spent time on my project (a5 Print ready leaflet). I want to use fading from one background to another. I struggle with the transparency option as you can only do this one in one area, but I thought I made it work. But once I exported it and see the view, the transparency hadn't worked and it left me with a bold line. I have put a screen shot of what I am seeing in Affinity and the PDF . 

Any help would be very appreciated, I am self teaching and not a designer.

Buy one get one free A5 Front.pdf

Screenshot 2018-06-10 17.54.22.png

If I were to hazard a guess, it may be the transparency type really isn't a good choice for output to pdf. Or, perhaps it is the pdf type used. Dunno.

Without the file, a guess is all I would be able to make. If you would like to, please upload the file here in a post. But if for some reason you would only desire to share privately, feel free to upload to dropbox.com or the like and PM me a download link. Either way I would be happy to take a look.

Mike

1 hour ago, Carrie19 said:

“The free ticket is replication”

Somewhat OT, is the above perhaps meant to say “The free ticket is a duplicate”? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Carrie. Thanks for the file.

No idea how that image was feathered nor in what application. However, try this...

1. Select that background image. 
  2. Copy it to the clipboard.
  3. Start a new AD file using the clipboard contents.
  4. Export the new document to a PNG. Make sure it is exporting as a transparent PNG.
  5. Delete the former background, but you may want to place some guides (wish they were visible off-page!) or draw a couple rectangles at the top left and bottom right corners if placing/sizing the newly exported PNG is needed.
  6. Place the new PNG.
  7. Try an export again. 

If all goes well, your PDF should look like this capture from mine.

capture-001900.png.9776e6dfa51145d73bce00a55345dd12.png