You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unsharp mask & Lens correction

Hi there !

I'm new to Affinity program.

I have latest version of Affinity designer 1.6.4.104

I have 2 question about program and tools.

I want to sharpen picture and i was looking for sharpenning option or unsharp mask option, but there's nothing at layer adjustments, 

am i missing something here ?

also , where can i find settings for lens correction option, or is already automaticly applied ?

thanks for any kind of information, 

best

For sharpening go to Filters > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask.

If you developed a raw file and Affinity recognized your lens, then the lens correction would probably have been applied.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

But the OP says he is using Affinity Designer!  Filters>Sharpen are Photo only, aren't they?

@schmety if you are wanting to "sharpen" an image you really want/need Affinity Photo. If you have only recently bought Designer, then I think you can request a refund of the purchase and then buy Photo.

Or, better still (because the two apps are completely complementary, download the trial of Affinity Photo and then buy it to add to Designer!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

6 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

But the OP says he is using Affinity Designer!  Filters>Sharpen are Photo only, aren't they?

Sorry, I missed that!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Thanks for your answers !

Yes, emmrecs01, you're right. I made wrong purchase. I was thinking that Designer is program i need, but i should purchase Photo version.

Well, it happens. 

I'll see if i'll keep Designer, my main priority is photo editing ;)

47 minutes ago, schmety said:

Thanks for your answers !

Yes, emmrecs01, you're right. I made wrong purchase. I was thinking that Designer is program i need, but i should purchase Photo version.

Well, it happens. 

I'll see if i'll keep Designer, my main priority is photo editing ;)

No lens correction,  but it is possible to sharpen in Designer. Select the Sharpen brush (Pixel Persona)

sharpen.jpg.ce3a6f7b8b1b407044c432d2bce584db.jpg

On the Context menu, set the Mode: to Unsharp Mask

usm.jpg.92a4d9e2318597299d3b5f99335c349b.jpg

And (using a very big brush) paint over the entire image. A bit "Heath Robinson" and crude but it actually works very well.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.