You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Both affinity photo and designer of windows version and with a lot of fonts style, especially chinese fonts for design work.When changing fonts both photo and designer always freeze and CPU usage rise up to maximum. So affinity software do have some compatible problem with fonts and what kind of fonts are not well compatible with affinity? I will delete them to make affinity usable in text design.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have the same problem here. Every time I try to change the font, the spinning wheel of doom appears and I am not able to go on. I previously reinstalled and deactivated AP but nothing changed. Also, I disabled most of my fonts so that there are just 240 activated. What can I do?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

perhaps off-topic:

All (professional) graphics designers I ever met use Font-Management-Software.
This helps to make sure the right fonts (Font-sets) are used for the specific client-jobs and projects.
And it avoids having large numbers of fonts being active at the same time...

Do you use such software? 
if not: perhaps its worth a try?
if you do: may this software cause the issue?

kind regards
Fritz

• 4 months later...

Hi there

I have a serious problem with the font formatting of publisher, when I pdf my documents. The problem only appears once I have uploaded the files to the printers that we use.

The current limitation is a great cause for concern especially when our company is considering to move over to affinity from Adobe suite.

The font that really give problems are OpenType - TT and OpenType - PS.

Please consider making a patch for this font issue as there is no current work around at this point. Creating curves out of the fonts cannot be an option ).

Kind Regards

Tauriq