You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hand tool not effective while editing node

A little comment here on the node manipulation.

When creating a curve the current node can be repositioned during its construction by pressing the spacebar (a great carryover from illustrator; thanks !), now the same is no longer true if we go in with the node tool after the fact and select a node; while adjusting its handlebars we no longer are able to press space and move it as well.

13 hours ago, Cobalt said:

A little comment here on the node manipulation.

When creating a curve the current node can be repositioned during its construction by pressing the spacebar (a great carryover from illustrator; thanks !), now the same is no longer true if we go in with the node tool after the fact and select a node; while adjusting its handlebars we no longer are able to press space and move it as well.

Hi @Cobalt,

I am a little confused by your description :$

Here's how it works for me: pressing the spacebar always switches to the 'View Tool' (I like to call it 'Hand Tool') and I can move around the whole document on the screen.
To reposition a node or a node handle while in the 'Pen Tool' you have to press CTRL which switches temporarily to the 'Node Tool'.

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

9 hours ago, dominik said:

Hi @Cobalt,

I am a little confused by your description :$

Here's how it works for me: pressing the spacebar always switches to the 'View Tool' (I like to call it 'Hand Tool') and I can move around the whole document on the screen.
To reposition a node or a node handle while in the 'Pen Tool' you have to press CTRL which switches temporarily to the 'Node Tool'.

Cheers,

d.

Not quite on the same page yet :)

Start the pen tool, make a new point and drag a handle. While dragging that one handle press space to reposition the point itself. (this behavior is fine). The issue comes after the fact, once you finished a curve and you re-activate a node and try to adjust its handle. This time pressing space while adjusting a handle no longer moves the corresponding node, but it should.

35 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Not quite on the same page yet :)

Start the pen tool, make a new point and drag a handle. While dragging that one handle press space to reposition the point itself. (this behavior is fine). The issue comes after the fact, once you finished a curve and you re-activate a node and try to adjust its handle. This time pressing space while adjusting a handle no longer moves the corresponding node, but it should.

Hello @Cobalt,

thanks for the detailed description. I can replicate this.

However, I am not sure if this is a bug or feature. To me it seems more than an inconsisteny ;)

Let's see what the developers say.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil