You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just purchased Affinity Photo and downloaded the installer on my other computer. Now the computer will not startup. I'm using latest Windows v.7. I assume this is not normal and not desirable. At the moment, I am not extremely pleased, but I still have hope that something can be resolved.

• Staff

Hi GDstorrick,

Welcome to the forums,

I am sorry to hear that your computer will no longer start after installing Affinity. However I'm afraid to say this is just a coincidence there is nothing Affinity could do to cause this can assure you of that. I recommend possibly taking your computer to a local repair shop. 

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

1 hour ago, Callum said:

I recommend possibly taking your computer to a local repair shop.

You could try creating a system repair disk before you pay someone to fix it for you.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Try booting up in Safe mode

If that works you can roll back to a previous restore point or uninstall Affinity to see if it then boots as normal

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I took it to my local repair shop and had it repaired. It wasn't coincidence but it wasn't fully Affinity's fault either; it had more to do with installer permissions that would have affected most any software installation. Why it happened does not matter, what matters is that we were able to get everything sorted out. Affinity is now installed and is working well.