You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Take a snapshot of the Preferences Plugin tab.

What image format are you using and what size is the image?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Have you tried doing it this way: https://petapixel.com/2017/12/15/can-run-nik-collection-plugins-standalone-apps-heres/ because I think they would be better installed to the Applications folder.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I kept the old plugins folder from Google that was in the Default Folder, but replaced the NIK Collection by the new one. Now the old plugins start the new tools, works fine on my Mac. The new tools did not seem to be able to be installed into a directory of my liking, but only as plugins for specific apps (none of which I have).

Edit: No, sorry, you are completely correct. I have the same effect ... now looking into it.

Edited by Broicher
Error

I've been playing with all morning, trying colour effect, silver effect, sharpener pro and analog without any issues from AP.

i uninstalled the old version from the uninstaller in app/nik collection folder (MAC) and install the new dxo nik, now all the presets I had made are back when using nik collection. haven't touch any old folders or setting in AP. 

the first time I installed the new dxo nik I did not uninstall the old first and noticed that all presets were gone.

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.16.33 AM.png

Hi Mikerofoto

That's interesting so it looks like it is possible to get them working. I'm still trying with no luck ...

I've noticed in your screen-shot that you have a complete list of all the Nik apps in the 'Plug-in Support Folders' panel .... is that something you added manually or did it just find them with 'authorise global'? I just get the / which is what I had before with the old version ....

Cheers

IB

Hello everybody, 

it seems that we are a bit scattered on this topic, there is another thread on the Affinity forum.

Maybe you could have a look at the DXO forum : https://feedback.dxo.com/t/request-nik-affinity-interoperability/3203/5

We ought to show up there, so maybe the DXO team will notice that there is not only Adobe users on earth. ;-)

Fx

Hi Mikerofoto,

I have tried your installation according to the screenshot you have provided and it doesn't work for me. Nik still freeze during the "preparing image" process.

Have you check this really is the new version that you are running ? Sorry to ask but the first link they send to me after purchase was actually the latest free release 1.12.12 instead of the 1.12.14 paid one. They apologized for that, but first I have thought that everything worked perfectly.
The solution I use for now, is to install the new version in standalone and the old one for the plugins. 
Oddly, when I check the version number, it shows the old plugin number with the new suite number version, e.g. Silver Efex pro shows version 2.0.0.25 (1.12.14) instead of 2.0.0.25 (1.12.12) or 5.0.0.0 (1.12.14).

Fx

1412286211_Capturedcran2018-06-1118_40_24.thumb.png.a976d37377ae1715011c1961e078045a.png

3 hours ago, FxRphoto said:

Hi Mikerofoto,

I have tried your installation according to the screenshot you have provided and it doesn't work for me. Nik still freeze during the "preparing image" process.

Have you check this really is the new version that you are running ? Sorry to ask but the first link they send to me after purchase was actually the latest free release 1.12.12 instead of the 1.12.14 paid one. They apologized for that, but first I have thought that everything worked perfectly.
The solution I use for now, is to install the new version in standalone and the old one for the plugins. 
Oddly, when I check the version number, it shows the old plugin number with the new suite number version, e.g. Silver Efex pro shows version 2.0.0.25 (1.12.14) instead of 2.0.0.25 (1.12.12) or 5.0.0.0 (1.12.14).

Fx

1412286211_Capturedcran2018-06-1118_40_24.thumb.png.a976d37377ae1715011c1961e078045a.png

yes, I got that email too saying it was the wrong link and had to download the new one, for installation of the new Nik you have to delete the old one(from DxO website troubleshooting page), which I did using uninstall from the Nik folder in the app folder, then installed the new Nik from DxO, which asked for the serial number on installation.

I tried sharpener pro as stand alone for the image and all I had was a blank, haven’t got time to try again but will check later to see if I still have this issue.

On 6/10/2018 at 4:11 PM, mikerofoto said:

I've been playing with all morning, trying colour effect, silver effect, sharpener pro and analog without any issues from AP.

i uninstalled the old version from the uninstaller in app/nik collection folder (MAC) and install the new dxo nik, now all the presets I had made are back when using nik collection. haven't touch any old folders or setting in AP. 

the first time I installed the new dxo nik I did not uninstall the old first and noticed that all presets were gone.

i will try this, i still have the source of the old version. 

Hi Mikerofoto,

Fx

you got me thinking that I have the wrong version installed and double checked.

the DxO version will show upper right corner Nik by DxO and not Nik Collection like on your screenshot.

here's mine

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 7.04.42 PM.png

8 hours ago, mikerofoto said:

you got me thinking that I have the wrong version installed and double checked.

the DxO version will show upper right corner Nik by DxO and not Nik Collection like on your screenshot.

here's mine

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 7.04.42 PM.png

Hi Mikerofoto,

This screen is the new paid version, but in standalone version and on Mac at least, there isn't any issues running the standalone app. 

In my post I was referring to the plugin version. The difference is seen in the "save" button down-right of the UI, in the plugin running in AP it is a "OK" button (to apply the plugin to a layer instead of overwriting the file)

Fx

I have v1.2.12 running just fine on Mac, Standalone and Plugin.

1285939821_ScreenShot2018-06-12at08_21_50.png.8b2fc28c89db35b557d5a659f47b2380.png

Hi firstdefence,

Yes, 1.12.12 works fine in both standalone and plugin versions (this is the latest free version from DXO). Better keep a copy of that one, there isn't any major changes in the latest paid release anyway...

If you already have the latest paid version from DXO (1.12.14), the standalone app works fine, but the plugins don't work and cause AP to freeze (you have to use the force-to-quit option). So you can use the new standalone alongside the old plugins (just replace the new plugins folder by a backup of the old one)

Fx

On 6/10/2018 at 4:11 PM, mikerofoto said:

Hi, I removed the DXO version and installed google version but didn't appear in plugins. 

the installation was done in the application folder. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 12.36.34.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 12.37.02.png

Hi Mohammed,

Your plugin search folder doesn't seem to be the good one. Actually, according to your screenshot, there is twice the same path, and this is the standalone app path.

You have to change for the plugin path, wich is where you create it when the Nik install dialog box ask you for third party applications, then restart AP.

Fx

823586888_Capturedcran2018-06-1213_17_31.png.be35127c967f3159c072cd5c09b08100.png

8 minutes ago, FxRphoto said:

Hi Mohammed,

Your plugin search folder doesn't seem to be the good one. Actually, according to your screenshot, there is twice the same path, and this is the standalone app path.

You have to change for the plugin path, wich is where you create it when the Nik install dialog box ask you for third party applications, then restart AP.

Fx

823586888_Capturedcran2018-06-1213_17_31.png.be35127c967f3159c072cd5c09b08100.png

thanks, i will try it, but probably your are using the Google version not DXO

No,

20 minutes ago, Mohammed Elkhamissy said:

thanks, i will try it, but probably your are using the Google version not DXO

No, as I wrote above, for the plugins, I use the last free version from DXO, which is 1.12.12
Anyway, this installation is the same for any version you want to use, even the latest paid release (1.12.14). I don't think that the installation path could change anything in the plugin working.

Fx

I'm toasted, it all freeze forced quit now using it after rebooting my computer. how could it was running on the old path but missing the old Nik which is uninstalled, not even the same plugin folder to differentiate them.

not sure what I did but running as stand alone here too.

I recently added the NIC Collection (trial paid version) to Affinity and it stopped working when processing Color Effex Pro 4.  Dfine 2 seems to work fine.  I checked permissions on the root drive since I had to enable global permissions during the installation process.  I had no permissions for the root directory on my hard drive and was unable to change it.  I checked the Apple forum and apparently this is a new security feature of the Mac OS.  I am wondering if this is causing the NIC Collection to lock up...